32. Soulmates

Theme:

68. Soulmates

In a world where everyone is given a soulmate, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel lonely.

In this world, everyone was given a soulmate. Everyone had a clock on their wrist, counting down every second until they meet their soulmate. (Y/n) was born without a clock. Her parents didn't care, they raised her normally as if her love life wasn't doomed since she was born.

Although there were a few exceptions as to how she was raised, most notably how she would always have something covering where her clock would have been, she did have one thing that she never told anyone.

She could see the red strings connecting two soulmates. She couldn't touch the strings which was something she was glad for otherwise, she would just be walking into string all day however, she could play with the strings on some occasions. Funnily enough, everyone had the string tied to their pinkie while (Y/n) didn't even have a string going to her nor connecting from her.

She didn't know what to do with this information.

~~~

(Y/n) walked into a small cafe. The small bell jingled to signal her opening the door.

"Hola, señorita!" a cheerful voice called as she curiously looked at the man at the cash register.

[Hola, señorita: Hello, miss (Spanish)]

He was Spanish. He had tanned skin, curly brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing an apron with a shirt underneath and most of his body was hidden behind the counter. The thing (Y/n) noticed first was the lack of red string on his pinkie. She's never seen anyone without one before but she doesn't say anything.

"Hello," she greeted out of politeness.

"Is there anything you would like?" he asked.

She ordered a drink quickly and paid the correct amount of money.

"Coming right up!" the man said joyfully and disappeared into the kitchen.

(Y/n) moved towards a seat near the window and sat down while observing the people outside. Red strings intertwined between people as everyone walked happily with their soulmate. They all looked so happy together. She looked enviously at them while glaring at her own covered wrist that hid where her clock was meant to be. Why was fate so cruel?

"Señorita?"

(Y/n) automatically tore her gaze away from the happy people outside to look at the man. In his hand rested her order and a red string still missing from his pinkie.

"Your order."

"Ah, thank you," she said, taking her food from the man.

The man chuckled softly with a bright smile on his face, "You're welcome!"

His smile was contagious as she too smiled. He left soon after to go back to the counter where he originally was. She continued to sit on the chair she was on and went back to look at the people outside. The bell chimed again as another person walked into the cafe.

"Oi, tomato bastard!"

(Y/n) flinched at the loud voice. The Spanish man didn't seem to mind as he greeted the man who walked in cheerfully. She looked at the man who walked. He was Italian and he had tanned skin, green eyes and brown hair with an odd curl sticking out.

"Lovi!"

"Stop calling me that, tomato bastard!" He pouted.

The two engaged in a conversation, with the Spaniard teasing the other man. They seem to be good friends. (Y/n) also took this time to focus on the second man's pinkie and found that there was no red string on his finger.

'How strange. I meet two people without a red string on the same day,' she thought as she slowly began to gather her things.

She threw any access garbage into the trashcan and began to walk out the door.

"Thank you!" she shouted with a wave at the Spanish man.

The Spaniard stopped his conversation and waved back. "You're welcome!"

(Y/n) wasn't paying attention as she suddenly tripped. The ground came closer and closer as she shut her eyes to try to block out the incoming pain.

She waited for a second before opening her eyes in confusion. Where was the pain?

As it turned out the Italian man had caught her last second.

"T-thank you!" she stammered as the Italian lifted her back up.

"Che, no-a problem ragazza." He said, letting go of her.

(Y/n) then began to walk out before she stopped.

"Wait," the Italian said, "Where is your-a soulmate clock?"

Her eyes widened as she looked back at him. She didn't even notice her sleeve had pulled up to reveal her nonexistent clock. What should she do now?

End! 

Homework is drowning me. Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 37. Strange