78. Move In

The sequel to "Pronunciation" for the requester!

Theme:

103. Move In

If there was anything (Y/n) hated more than unexpected surprises, it was roommates. Unfortunately, she got both of them. After the smoke had cleared up and she got Lukas and Matthias (who were both demons, surprise surprise) to sit down and explain themselves, she was tired.

Then, she just had to go and summon three more demons by accident. Tino was kind enough and very cheery, Berwald was the tall silent type and Emil was a younger demon, at least, by demon standards. She had also found out that Emil and Lukas were siblings, though Emil denied it. What were the chances that (Y/n) would have summoned siblings? By accident too, she thought gloomily.

They had explained that they couldn't really leave since they had been summoned.

"We have to form a contract and devour a soul before we can leave," Tino had explained.

"Sounds tedious," (Y/n) noted.

"Hm," Berwald grunted.

"Well, I can't exactly sell my soul five times," she said. "So, what are we going to do and no, I don't want to sell my soul to any of you."

"We could go to other people," Lukas suggested.

"But we still have to stay somewhere while we're finding potential meals..." Matthias tapped the edge of the table.

Potential meals... The thought made (Y/n) shiver. No matter how harmless or cheerful they seemed, they were all still demons and souls were their meal.

"We could stay here," Emil said.

"Eh?"

"It's you who summoned us," Lukas stated.

"By accident!" she protested.

"Great! We will be your roommates for an undefined amount of time." Tino smiled. "Please take care of us!"

(Y/n) sighed. That was how she ended up with five demon roommates. They moved in within a week and chose their rooms from the extra rooms (Y/n) had that were just empty. They had gone to Ikea altogether to buy furniture and miraculously didn't end up getting lost by following Berwald who just knew where to go.

Demon magic, (Y/n) would tell you. But that didn't really matter because she spent a hell of a lot of money that day buying things for all of them.

"We'll pay you back!" Matthias said.

"How?" she muttered.

He shrugged and Lukas smacked him over the head while Emil sighed, Tino laughed and Berwald stoically watched. It didn't take too long for them to settle in. (Y/n) wasn't too keen on them being her roommates but they were surprisingly respectful so that was a plus. Though there were times when she found herself wondering how it ended up like this.

Today was one of those days.

"Who used all the butter," (Y/n) asked, looking into the fridge before checking the cabinet. "And where's all the coffee?"

"Lukas ate the butter," Emil replied, eating a piece of licorice.

"Pardon?"

"Lukas likes to eat butter," he repeated.

"Just, plain butter? Whole?"

"Yes."

Demons were strange indeed.

"What about the coffee?"

"Lukas and Tino probably drank it all."

(Y/n) made a mental note to buy more coffee and butter. She quickly made a simple breakfast before picking up her things to head to work.

"Tell the others I'm off to work," she told Emil. "And tell them not to destroy the house!"

"Okay." He nodded.

(Y/n) waved goodbye and walked out the door. Hopefully, they wouldn't actually destroy the house, that would be a problem. As she breathed in the fresh spring air, she couldn't help but wonder when Berwald, Tino, Emil, Matthias and Lukas were going to find someone to make a contract with.

They seemed to be rather lax for an awfully long time...

End!

Thanks for reading!

Sequel: 80. Family