83. Languages

Theme:

44. Languages

(Y/n) sighed as she closed her book. She had finally reached the end of it and oh boy, was it a wild ride. She had been meaning to read it for a while but she only got around to it now since she had been busy with paperwork and reports. Ugh, being a nation was hard. She barely had time outside of world meetings and general chaos.

Anyone she talked to outside of meetings were all so weird, not that it was a bad thing, just an observation.

"Hey! Dudette!" America's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"America," she greeted while settling her book down.

"Have you ate yet?"

"No...?"

She had forgotten to since she went straight to finishing up the novel. She laughed sheepishly as he gave her a disappointed look.

"(Y/n)​​​​​​, I love you and all but you need to eat."

"But-"

"No buts, come on."

She let him drag her away to eat lunch. He would only ever want the best for her after all.

~~~

Canada gently unfolded the blanket and laid it over (Y/n). She was asleep. She had finished her paperwork and fell asleep right after so he had moved her to the couch and made sure she was comfortable. She was always overworking yourself, he thought. Well, she couldn't always help the copious amounts of paperwork that came with being a nation but she could always try to pace herself.

Canada flicked the lights off and began to exit the room. However, before he did, he said a simple, "Sleep well."

Then, as an afterthought, he whispered, "Je t'aime."

[Je t'aime: I love you (French)]

~~~

"Prussia!" (Y/n) exclaimed as the albino propped his arms on her head.

"(Y/n)!" he laughed.

"Stop leaning on me." She tried to swat him off, to no avail.

"Nein."

"Please?"

"Nein."

"Please?"

"Kesesesese, jou're so cute," he cooed.

She pouted and crossed her arms which only made Prussia laugh more. "I've got paperwork to do!"

"Ja, ja," he waved off that concern. (Y/n) silently fumed. She spent the next five minutes with Prussia leaning on her before he finally got off of her.

"Ich liebe dich," Prussia murmured, uncharacteristically softly while twirling a strand of her hair.

[Ich liebe dich: I love you (German)]

"Huh?" (Y/n) blinked.

"Nothing!"

Then, he walked off. (Y/n) was never really certain what that meant but he always said it. She didn't dwell on it for too long, she had paperwork to do after all.

~~~

"And then, I told him, I've got paperwork to do!" (Y/n) melodramatically cried. "Because we're nations! And paperwork sucks!"

She was drunk. Drunk off of what and why? Well, the answers to those questions would be vodka and because Russia offered her said vodka, of course! She was reasonably stressed and agreed to have some of the vodka. She may have had a little more than some however which was why she was crying over stress with Russia by her side.

Russia was considerably less drunk and more giggly than anything else.

"I never have time for anything," (Y/n) said while taking another sip of vodka.

"But we still have time for this, da?"

"That's because it's 1 in the morning."

The tall nation giggled. It was true that it was 1 in the morning but still. They were nations, they could do whatever they wanted.

"We should be sleeping," she noted. "We've got meetings tomorrow or today?"

"But we still have time," Russia chimed.

"But I'm tired!"

(Y/n) yawned to prove her point. The other nation pouted but acknowledged that she was probably going to fall asleep.

"Fine," he said and then a little softer, "Я люблю вас."

[Я люблю вас {YA lyublyu vas}: I love you (Russian)]

"What does that mean?" she asked before the allure of sleep took her.

"Nothing for you to worry about," Russia hummed.

End!

Thanks for reading!