The Grinch (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

'Twas the nights before Christmas, and all through the squad

Not a creature was stirring, not even a dog?

"Get him out of my cookies," Oksana ordered in her usual mono-tone. Her nostrils were beginning to flare though as her blood boiled.

"Come on, Sherman," spoke Orchid, gently prying the black puppy from the dessert now covered in slobber.

"Why do you have a dog anyway," the lunch worker wondered.

"I couldn't keep my original pet, Sherman, since he was a centigurp, and Agent Ori couldn't keep the puppy Oscar gave him, so he gave him to me."

Suddenly Sherman jumped out of Orchid's arms again, lunging for the special treats, Oksana choosing to merely roll her eyes as the small agent finally secured her pet.

In another part of headquarters, a certain redhead with a bouncy ponytail was grinning from ear to ear, rapidly typing on her computer with her fingers, and also toes below her desk. She couldn't hold it in any longer when her partner, Otis, finally showed up. It was the first holiday, since she found out his secret identity, meaning he didn't have to hide certain things from her anymore.

"Don't you just love Wednesdays," she asked, joy radiating off every syllable as she remained calm on the outside.

"It's Tuesday," Otis corrected with his serious expression, and knitted together eyebrows.

"I know," she emphasized. "But next Wednesday is... Christmas!" Her quiet squeal followed on the last word, her entire face lighting up. "Do you have any special plans, partner?"

"I don't know... I thought about spending Christmas with my duck family, but they already flew south for the winter."

"You could always use the tubes to get there," Olympia positively suggested, her mouth temporarily hanging open in a sort of smile.

"That's true." Her partner curtly nodded, his serious facade still in place. "I guess I'm just nervous how that would go. We haven't been together in so long. It took time to get even a little close again, after I betrayed them. They used to blame me for having to fly south for the winter."

Olympia pursed her lips together as she recalled his family, and how they had an evil plan of making every location in the world warm, eliminating the chilly season all together. Before she could comfort her best friend, they heard a few familiar words.

"Otis! Olympia! In Orson's office! NOW!"

"Wait, Ms. O," questioned Otis, Olympia's eyes also narrowed in deep thought on why their old boss was back, and more importantly, calling for them.

"There you two are. Something very odd has happened," Ms. O greeted, once they strode into her previous office.

"But Ms. O, where's Orson," asked Olympia.

"He's having nap time, but I also came back because we have a big problem." Her chair drifted to the side as she uncovered the big, television screen behind her with the touch of her purple, remote control. "All over the world people are being put on the naughty list. We believe this is the work of the new villain, The Grinch."

"The Grinch," echoed Otis, scrunching his face up in confusion.

"Yes, a character from Dr. Seuss's beloved, Christmas story. He went to ruin everyone's Christmas, but found out it wasn't about presents or decorations. The true meaning of Christmas was something more."