Bunny (Oscar x Oona)

(Oscar x Oona)

Oona had just completed the finishing touches on her special outfit. The black robes were billowing around her, as the green witch mask with a pointy nose rested perfectly on her face, a floppy, black witch's hat atop her head. She had been designing this look for months, and now it was finally time for the party, only she felt like she had forgotten about something...

As soon as she got to the costume party, the entire place was decked out in Halloween decorations. She was so ready for all of the activities that were promised to be there, but what she wasn't prepared for was a person with giant, bunny ears walking by.

"Oscar?" She was in complete shock as she spotted the dorky scientist.

"Hey Oona," he greeted happily back with a warm smile. Even though he was in a full, pink bunny costume he still reached for his lab coat to tug on, which he forgot wasn't there.

"You remind me of my lost bunny, Brian," Oona noted.

"When did you lose him," Oscar slowly asked.

"I can't remember, but I do know that I was bummed when it happened," she shared.

Oscar smiled weakly at her, sympathy filling his eyes. "Sorry about that, Oona."

She waved it off. "It's okay. Besides, I came here to party, not talk about my lost bunny."

Oscar still felt bad though, even when the festivities finally began.

The first one was Halloween limbo, with a fake, long bone as the stick. A lot of people lost, due to their big outfits. Oscar narrowly escaped the losing streak, until one of his pointy ears brushed against the beam slightly. Oona lost as well, since her witch's hat hit it as soon as she stood up again. Normally they would feel more sad, but they were just having such a great time being together.

They both sipped on the refreshing, zesty green punch, a spooky mist flowing out of the cauldrons of drinks.

"I think scary noises are next," Oona commented as people took a brief break.

"I've got this," Oscar awkwardly claimed, but once the competition rolled around, it was obvious he didn't.

He sounded more frightened than anything, but Oona, her creepy laugh almost scared the scientist with her. For once she had won a prize, and she was thrilled to stick the orange ribbon onto her chest.

"Congratulations, Oona." Oscar grinned at her, a strange warmness attacking her insides.

"Thanks, Oscar." Her slight smile held fondness, but was interrupted by the announcement of the final showdown.

Oona had felt anxious about the different activities that were there, but it was the main contest that really mattered to her. She was aware that her costume wasn't the most unique, but she still hoped to win, especially since she had put so much time and effort to making it herself. She betted that most of the other people there had bought their outfits, just like how they bought carrots from the store. She would always get hers from her Oona bot's ear.

Her heart fell when the winner ended up being neither her or Oscar, but a person dressed as a giant, red gummy bear. Oona didn't understand how that beat the person that could be Odd Todd's twin! She sort of slumped away, Oscar noticing straight away that she wasn't acting like herself.

"Oona," he hesitantly asked, but she didn't answer. He let a sigh escape his lips before speaking again. "I'm sorry you didn't win the costume contest."