Going On Break! (Owen x Polly Graph)

(Owen x Polly Graph)

"Going on break," Owen called out. 

Even though it seemed like he was just going to be relaxing and having lunch, he knew that it was different than that. The truth was, over the years his routine had becoming boringly the same, but little did he know that things were about to change. Owen was already sweating on his forehead and even on the back of his neck. It was the hottest day of the year so far, and it just happened that the air conditioning was broken in headquarters. He practically panted as he made his way over to the break room. Oksana was there diligently scrubbing away at a bright yellow plate, her not complaining at all. She did have a fan blowing right on her though. 

"Hello, Owen," she greeted in her mono-tone voice. 

"Hi, Oksana. Do you still have some of that lemonade you made," he wondered. 

"I just ran out, but maybe I would have more time to make more, if I had more help in the kitchen," she rudely emphasized. 

Owen's eyes widened a bit, since she could be quite intimidating. 

"Never mind. I'll find something else to drink," he shrugged. 

"No one can take the heat in my kitchen," Oksana commented after he walked away. 

He then was hurrying up to Ms. O's office, her bombarded by fans on every square inch of her office. She wasn't even breaking a sweat. 

"Ms. O! Do you have a juice box I could have? I only need one," Owen insisted. 

"I don't have any left," she sweetly smiled. 

He sighed, since he could tell that she was clearly lying. 

"Thanks anyway," he spoke, rushing off to the doctor's office. 

"Dr. O, do you have any water I cold have," he requested. 

"I'd have to go through a cave and battle a dragon, but sure I can get you some water. It might take 24 hours," she promptly explained. 

"Never mind... I'm good, thanks," Owen awkwardly reacted. 

He sighed as he searched every inch of headquarters, but even the drink machines were empty. He then recalled that Olive and Otto had mentioned that Polly Graph had a lemonade stand in the summer, so he decided to check in with her. He felt even more miserable, which he didn't think possible, as he trudged along the sidewalk, the heat rising up from it nearly unbearable. Polly had just come back to her trusty, lemonade stand, frustrated that she had to send her thirsty customers away to make loads more to drink. 

"Hi... You're Polly, right? I need a lemonade... fast," Owen breathed, as he leaned his elbow against her stand. 

Polly made a bit of a face at the agent on the brink of heat exhaustion, quickly pouring him a full glass of fresh lemonade. 

"Thanks," he breathed, gulping it all down in under one minute. 

He breathed loudly afterwards, relieved that he was finally beginning to cool down. 

"Who are you? I don't think I've ever seen you before, and trust me, I've seen plenty of Odd Squad agents," Polly observed. 

"My name's Owen, and I run the security at Odd Squad," he responded, still catching his breath some. 

"So, do you like fix broken computers," she questioned. 

"No, that's more of the maintenance department's job," he admitted.