One Fact (Otis x Orchid)

(Otis x Orchid)

Orchid's heart had never beat faster, and she was thankful no one could hear it. Normally pranks didn't make her nervous, and she kept kicking herself internally for being so stupid. She finally managed to open up her badge phone, putting it to her ear before calling a certain person.

"Hello," they asked. Why did they have to have the most attractive voice in the world? Orchid's hands were shaking from how nervous she was, and her face was blazing. She had never had a crush before, so she didn't recognize the signs.

She then did her best to talk in a convincing, disguised voice. "Hello? Is your refrigerator running?"

"What?!" They sounded a bit distraught, as though they were being attacked by someone.

"Well, if it is, you better go catch it," she finished, but just then she heard an evil laugh that sounded eerily a lot like Shapeshifter.

"Ah...!" It sounded as though the person on the other line had fallen over. "I don't have time for this!"

They then hung up, and Orchid was confused on what had just happened. She was too puzzled for her heart to stay in a frenzy.

Later she found out that the agent, Otis, she had prank called had failed to solve the case, and that Ms. O was making him work an extra day. Rumor had it, it was his job to find out which agent had been careless enough to interrupt a mission on purpose. Orchid had a drum going inside of her ears. What if Ms. O found out it was her? Or worse? What if Otis found out, and hated her, and it ruined everything? They hadn't had much to begin with with Orchid's usual, rude personality. So, Orchid decided to ignore him for the rest of her life. She couldn't bear the thought of either getting sent back to the academy, or Otis forever despising her. Luck wasn't on her side though, because she just happened to run into him on the extra day he was working on a Sunday. Orchid had forgotten to turn her paperwork in, and the agents of the month were being chosen that Monday.

"Hey, Orchid. What are you doing here?" Even with her tiptoeing out of the file room, he still caught her.

"Look, Sherman, I just had some paperwork to turn in," she sassed.

When she went to brush past him though, Otis stopped her with only his voice. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, you wouldn't be happening to cover your tracks on the prank call case, would you?"

"What makes you say that, Sherman?" Orchid narrowed her eyes at him as she rested her hand on her hip. She vowed to not be the first one to look away, and reveal that she was lying if he asked her more about the matter.

"For starters, you're always doing pranks, and you like annoying people," he emphasized.

Orchid just glared at him as she responded, "Come back when you have proof, Sherman. I know my rights. Innocent until proven guilty."

She then turned to leave, her eyes still not leaving his until she walked past.

Otis sighed behind her before confessing, "Orchid, I know it was you."

Orchid couldn't help but stop walking on reflex, knowing how suspicious that must look. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do. I mean, come on, I recognized your voice," he pointed out.

Orchid whipped around, her voice a bit raised as she defended, "But I disguised it-" She abruptly ceased talking when she caught onto the confession she had just made.