His Oona (Ocean x Oona)

(Ocean x Oona)

There was one thing Oona was certain about, Ocean did not like her. She thought maybe once upon a time he did, but that ship had sailed right past her, and they didn't even seem to be in the friend category anymore. Every time she went up to the Creature Room to see him, he would hide his hands behind his back, also standing in front of a big piece of paper, or something. 

"Oona," he would greet her, before thinking up an excuse to get her out of there. 

Oona felt like screaming in frustration as this kept going on for countless days, and eventually she stopped interacting with him, unless it was absolutely necessary. One day out of the blue though, he decided to acknowledge her again. 

"Oona," Ocean exclaimed, as he rushed into her lab. 

She was annoyed because she was busy fixing a pile of gadgets, and she was also still angry about his odd attitude. 

"What is it," she asked, clearly frustrated. 

Ocean widened his eyes as he held his hands up in surrender. 

"I just wanted to tell you why you shouldn't destroy the Freeze-Inator," Ocean claimed. 

"Why would I destroy the Freeze-Inator? It's one of the most useful, popular gadgets. Nothing like the Cherry-On-Top-Inator," Oona noted. 

"Hey, you never know. Someday the Freeze-Inator might be next, so I wanted to tell you why you should keep it now," he spoke. 

"Is this going to be in a normal way this time," she inquired, clearly not amused by the idea. 

"I'm going to paint you a picture," he answered. 

"Again," she expressed, growing angry. 

"I think you'll like the painting, or should I say paintings," Ocean corrected. 

Oona sighed loudly as she caved too easily, "Fine." 

She put the gadget she had been holding down, and then she was walking with Ocean through headquarters. 

"I thought you would be painting me the picture in the lab like last time," she observed. 

"Nah, I decided to paint them in advance this time," he shared. 

"Oh," she stated, surprised, yet hoping this wouldn't take as long as the previous time. 

Soon they had stopped outside the Creature Room. 

"You might want to close your eyes," Ocean suggested. 

"Why," Oona wondered in confusion. 

"Trust me on this one," Ocean told her. 

Now Oona was really curious about the mysterious paintings, and she blushed when Ocean took her sleeve to lead her to a spot in the room. Apparently he probably still remembered how she said she only washed her arm twicely. 

"Okay, you can open them now, but don't look at anything else until I tell you to," he instructed. 

Oona nodded once, still puzzled, but she listened to his orders, and fluttered her eyes open. She was hit with shock and awe at the splash of colors in front of her, creating a picture of her arm stuck in that huge plant, that resembled a Venus Flytrap. Ocean was beside her, and all of a sudden the random song she made up on the spot was playing in her mind. 

"This was the first time we ever really worked together," Ocean stated. 

Oona's eyes were slightly glossed over, as she was touched by his creation/art skills. Just then he was gently moving her over with his hands on her shoulders. She stumbled a little, but mainly due to her natural clumsiness, and how she had been frozen on the spot. 

"This is when I told you why you should not destroy the Cherry-On-Top-Inator, and this is you destroying it," he explained, as he lifted up the first image of him painting her a picture, to when she was yelling and smashing the gadget with a hammer. 

Ocean had a fond, slight smile on his face, as he led her over to the next recorded memory. 

"This is when we were able to catch the blue creature that turned people into stone, thanks to your awesome Oona bot," he praised, Oona still in a daze as he moved her along. 

"And this is when you turned into a fly. I thought you were cute, even then," he confessed, blushing a bit from accidentally saying that. 

Oona was in too much of a trance to notice though, as she stared at the swirly colors before her. 

"And this is today," Ocean added, showing her a picture of him standing before her. 

"I don't get what I'm looking at," Oona admitted. 

"Oh, that's because the next part hasn't happened yet," he commented. 

"What part," Oona questioned, him suddenly kissing her softly. 

She didn't hesitate to relax, before kissing him back, still a bit stunned about all of this. 

"So, this is what you were working on all this time," she double checked, after he had pulled away. 

"Yeah. Sorry, if I didn't have much time for you. I wanted to make this extra special. Plus, it's hard to keep a surprise around here. Everyone's always passing through," he replied. 

"I know. Why do you think I have such a big pile of gadgets in my lab," she asked, causing him to smile a little. 

She looked up at him as she confided, "This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me." 

"Hey, you're one awesome gadget lady. You deserve all of this. I mean, you're always making things for everyone else, so I wanted to make something for you instead," he shrugged. 

"All this time. I thought you just didn't like me," she responded. 

"It's just the opposite actually," he spoke. 

"What do you mean," Oona wondered confusedly. 

"I love you, Oona," he grinned, which made her feel as though she was melting into butter. 

Of course, usually it was her hands that felt as though they were covered in butter, since she dropped almost everything. 

"Wow. I can't believe it. I have something to tell you too," she told him at first. 

"Uh... are you going to tell me what it is," he hesitantly asked. 

"Oh yeah, I love you too, Ocean," she beamed. 

"Alright," Ocean smiled widely, unable to hide how happy he was. 

"What do you say we make some new memories to paint? I can use the Paint-Inator for my paintings," she offered. 

"Or I could teach you," he suggested. 

Oona blushed faintly as she exclaimed, "Howdy do! I would love that." 

Ocean grinned as he said, "What exactly does, howdy do, mean?" 

"Oh, it's useful for a lot of things. It also can mean, what's the soup of the day," she explained. 

"Cool," Ocean commented, always happy from her upbeat personality. 

"Now, what do you say we actually go check out that soup of the day," she inquired. 

"I'd say, alright," he positively expressed. 

As they both walked together, they couldn't help but smile, and even though Oona said she only washed her arm twicely before, he still ended up grabbing her hand. He liked her so much, that he didn't care, and no one could compare to his Oona.

A/N: I hope you liked this one. (: Thank you so much for reading! Please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thanks again! <3