Their Own Happy Ending (Olive x Otto)

(Olive x Otto)

"Ms. O, we need your help!"

Olive would never get tired of hearing her newest title. She was so deeply humbled and grateful that Ms. O had even appointed her to run her own Odd Squad, with Otto's help of course. Well, if you could call making things even crazier help. Sometimes she got annoyed with how carefree he was, especially since it didn't matter as much when they were only agents.

She still remembered the day when she used her slide, that led to her office. She was flying down the curve when suddenly she tried to stop. Her shoes barely touched the water, as she finally used friction to cease moving.

"Otto!"

"Hey, Olive!" Her partner waved to her, as he swam in the main room of headquarters he had just flooded.

"Why is headquarters flooded," Olive hesitantly wondered.

"I got the idea from Ms. O that one time. Isn't it awesome?!" Otto's wide grin was much different than Olive's lack of expression, and creased forehead.

"You're the best Mr. O," shouted a few agents from nearby. They were all in their swimsuits awkwardly splashing through the water.

Olive sighed as she finally smiled a little, one of her dimples showing. She shrugged as her seriousness was replaced by a warm tugging on her heart. "If you can't beat them, join them." She struggled to climb back up the clear slide, before quickly changing her clothes in her office.

The rest of the day was spent with her kicking her legs through the water, and Otto starting splashing contests.

Then there was the time that Otto was helping a new recruit with a container of centigurps. "Whatever you do, don't open this," he warned.

"Why not," asked the girl with freckles splashed across her nose, and strawberry blonde, braided pigtails.

"Because..."

Just then the lid was off, and the one little, furry, pink sphere had become one hundred of them.

"That will happen," Otto finished.

"Woah!" The girl was on the verge of tears when she realized her mistake.

"Come on, let's go catch them," Otto exclaimed, leading the way. Soon they had all the centigurps rounded up, but they were talking to them in the clear containment room.

"What are you doing," Olive questioned as she stood outside where they were. She crossed her arms at the grinning duo.

"Odella knows how to speak centigurp! Apparently, she's a distant relative of Todd, and the skill of picking up languages runs in the family," Otto explained.

"What?" Olive was so confused as the young girl seemed to be talking gibberish, the centigurps excitedly humming back in response.

"Otto, those centigurps were supposed to be in the Storage Room an hour ago," Olive emphasized.

"Don't worry, we're taking them straight there right after this," Otto promised.

Olive sighed as she sat on a bench nearby. Being a Ms. O was not at all like she expected. She wanted to be like their Ms. O, fearless, serious, and stern, but Otto was making that difficult.