The Right One (Oona x Ocean)

(Oona x Ocean)

Oona had been working madly in the lab all week, on her greatest creation yet... Well, not really, but she was sure it would impress Ocean. She had gotten a crush on the creature dude, ever since he had complimented her high-pitched voice, when she had turned into a fly. It had warmed her heart that he defended her from Owen, who was less than enthused with the sound. 

Oona almost laughed evilly to herself, as she announced in the dim lab, "My creation is complete!" 

Finally she could ditch the blow torch, that kids probably shouldn't even use, and big, metal face shield, along with thick gloves. She was almost shaking with excitement, as she held the newly created gadget in her hands. 

"Oona... Are you okay," Otis reluctantly asked, as he stopped by the lab to grab a freeze-inator. 

"Yes. I'm better than okay," Oona exclaimed in a mad scientist's voice. 

Otis jerked his head back a bit, shocked by her attitude. 

"Okay...," he reluctantly trailed off, awkwardly taking the gadget he needed before slowly backing out of there. 

Oona suddenly rushed out of her lab, taking the steps two at a time, which was not a wise decision for someone as clumsy as her. In a matter of seconds, she tripped, and to her dismay, the gadget went flying through the air. 

"No...," she dragged out, which felt like a century. 

Just then the device had shattered against the floor on the walkway above, and sparks flew out of it, as it circuited out. Oona was practically on the verge of tears, as she scrambled up to check and see if it was fixable. It was obvious once she examined it that it was completely ruined, and those weeks and hours of working on it had been for nothing. And for what? A boy that would probably never like her back. 

"Hey Oona. What's wrong," a calm, gentle voice asked. 

Oona dreaded to look up, and into the brown eyes of the exact boy she had been planning to impress. 

"Nothing, except that I destroyed this gadget," she admitted, tears attacking her eyes. 

"How did that happen," Ocean wondered softly. She hated looking at him with how misty her eyes were becoming. 

"I tripped on the stairs, and I dropped it. Just like how I always drop everything," she muttered on the end, now finding the ground quite interesting. 

"Hey, no worries. I'm sure you can fix it," Ocean attempted reassure her. 

He even put his hand on his shoulder to comfort her. 

"Thanks," Oona spoke, glancing sideways at him for a moment. 

"Look, why don't you bring it into the Creature Room? I may not know much about gadgets, but maybe I can help," he suggested. 

"Okay," Oona weakly smiled, sniffing a couple of times. 

She was thankful to no longer be on the verge of crying, and soon enough her and Ocean were laughing and having the time of their lives as they worked on the broken device. She was soon realizing that the broken gadget wasn't as hopeless, as she originally thought. 

"Now, all we need is a pentagon," Oona proudly announced. 

"Pentagon? That's that shape with five sides, right," Ocean double checked, as he squinted his eyes in thought. 

He pointed at nothing in particular when he realized what the shape was. 

"Yes. A pentagon is a shape that has five sides," Oona happily confirmed.