Blue Leg Night (Oona x Otto)

(Oona x Otto)

Ms. O had just called in Otto for a recent meeting. It turned out that she needed his help on a big case, but he had mistaken what the special ordeal was.

"Is it blue leg night already," he wondered, pulling up his pant leg to his knee to show a light blue.

"That's still not a thing...," Ms. O pointed out, since he had said that in another instance.

Otto was disappointed, but it quickly vanished when he aided her on the difficult mission. Olive hadn't been able to join them, since someone had to hold down the fort at their own squad.

Soon he was headed towards the tube lobby, his outfit was a bit torn from battling massive vampire spiders. They didn't drink your blood, but they did wear red capes, and talk as though they were Dracula. There was nothing about them that didn't scream horror, and they had been about to reside in the town nearby. Ms. O and him had stopped the creatures in their tracks.

"Is it blue leg night already," exclaimed a female voice.

Otto looked up to see a familiar face with dark brown hair, and her bangs pulled straight back, secured by a thin, green hair tie.

The girl excitedly lifted up her pant leg to her knee like he had done earlier, revealing the same, pale shade of blue.

"Didn't you hear? Blue leg night's not a thing," Otto shared, thinking of his former boss's words earlier.

"It's not?" Oona genuinely sounded and appeared surprised. "Then how come I've been going to the celebration every year?"

"There's a celebration?! How?! Where?! When?! Why," exclaimed Otto.

"I'm about to tell you... Come on," offered Oona, awkwardly running ahead to lead the way.

Otto didn't think twice about following the shorter girl. He found it odd when night had fallen so quickly at their destination, but then saw it. In the clearing was a group of various people all with glowing, blue legs.

"This is.... AWESOME," shouted Otto, grinning widely at the view before him.

"Yep, but you might want to keep it down. The blue fairies don't like the loud sounds much," Oona shared, tugging on the black suspender straps to her uniform.

"Blue fairies?" Otto was truly confused, but then he was smiling widely at the flurry of tiny people, flying through the darkened sky. He went to follow them, but Oona stopped him.

"Wait! Can I interest you in a blue leg night snack speciality," she questioned in a fancy voice.

"There's food too?! I knew blue leg night was the best," he spoke, taking one of the shining balls that were the same hue of this entire theme. The sweet was delicious with just a hint of salt to make it perfect. "That is so good..." Otto's eyes rolled back in happiness as he ate the scrumptious dessert.

"I know, right?" Oona was eating a couple of the treats herself.

Just then Otto gasped as he looked down. "My legs... The blue on them... It's glowing now..."

"Of course, what do you think the snacks are for?" Oona seemed to assume that he would know everything that was going on.

"Wait until I tell Ms. O about this, or Olive! They thought blue leg night wasn't a thing." He crossed his arms, smiling smugly, as he nodded his head slightly, since he had been right all along.

"Yeah... About that, you can't tell anyone about this."

Otto blinked his eyes a couple of times as he stared at the brunette in absolute disbelief. "What do you mean I can't tell anyone about this? It's so cool!"