Hope (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"Partner, does the squad look a little furrier today," Olympia hesitantly asked. She had just arrived to Odd Squad with her partner, Otis.

"It's Pet Day," Otis stated simply, just assuming she would remember.

"I forgot Pet Day?! Oh no!" She suddenly began running towards the tube lobby.

"Where are you going," Otis called after her.

"Home! I have to get my bunny, Tulip!"

Otis turned to the celebration beside him, his arms locked behind his back. Although he loved kittens, having this many pets in one room made him a little nervous, especially when he came face to face with a Great Dane.

"Roof," it barked in a low tone.

"Uh...," Otis trailed off, his eyebrows scrunched together as he leaned back, the canine only inches from his face. How did it get its paws on his shoulders like that?

"Hey, Sherman. This is Bruce. He's my brother's dog, since my parents won't let me have a pet too. Typical," Orchid complained, her hand on a blue leash.

"Uh... Can you tell him to get down," Otis hesitantly asked.

"He's just giving you a hug, but sure, Sherman. Bruce! Down!" Her loud voice caused the dog to touch the ground, a small whimper sounded. "He's just a softie. If he had longer fur he would remind me of my centigurp, Sherman. I still can't believe I traded him for a suitcase of money. I could have had my own pet for today!"

Otis jerked his head back from how she seemed to be getting fired up. She was one of the few people on the force that truly terrified him.

"Hey, Chairs," Ohlm greeted.

"That's the name of your hamster," she rudely corrected, her nostrils flaring.

"Oh yeah...," Ohlm trailed off, a smile spreading across his face.

"Is that what you meant by your favorite color in the Training video," Otis asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah, you didn't notice that," Ohlm questioned.

"I didn't even know you had a hamster," Otis pointed out.

Before their conversation could continue, the sandy/brownish hamster leapt out of Ohlm's hands.

"Oh no! I lost my hamster," Ohlm shouted, scurrying after the little guy.

Otis shook his head some, although he was glad that Orchid had followed her partner, and now he was free to his thoughts... Just then something wet touched his hand, causing him to scrunch up his face unpleasantly.

"Ah," he expressed loudly, jumping away from a blondish, furry dog, its tongue happily hanging out as it panted.

"Whoops! That's actually his name, Whoops," Ms. O clarified, putting her hands on her canine's shoulders from behind to make sure he didn't get away again.

"I didn't know you had a dog," Otis admitted.

"Hey, I have a lot of pets. I just didn't think my baby panda would do well here," Ms. O explained.

"Howdy do!" Otis placed his hand over his heart when a familiar scientist popped into view.

"Sorry I'm late, but I just found... My long lost bunny, Brian," she proudly announced, holding up the white bunny with brown splotches.

"Congratulations, Oona," Otis reacted.

"Thanks. Where's your pet?"

"Uh... I don't have one," Otis awkwardly confessed, moving his head down and to the side.