Picture Day (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Today was the day that Olympia had anxiously been waiting for for months now. She also never failed to remind Otis of the set date, him internally groaning whenever the event was brought up. It was picture day! Olympia grinned as she threw her covers aside, leaping out of bed to travel to her full length mirror. Nothing could ruin this day. Well, that was until she spotted the red dot popping out at her. It must have just been a sauce stain, since she did have spaghetti last night. When she went to wipe it away though, it hurt a little.

"Ow," the auburn exclaimed, sighing as her eyes grew watery with tears. "I have my first ever pimple." Her reflection was more broken than she had ever seen it, especially being aware that these photographs were pretty much permanent.

"Sophie," she cried, running to the refuge of her older sister. Granted it was only a few years difference, but still enough for the help she needed.

"What is it," wondered the girl that looked a bit different than her. They shared the same nose though, while her face shape was a bit more of a heart, than Olympia's round one. Her dark hair was pulled back at the side with a blue clip. She had a few, natural red highlights running through it, but that was where the similarity ended with her sister's vibrant hue.

"I have my first pimple," Olympia breathed through her tears.

Sophie instantly put down the "Jane Eyre" book she had been absorbed in, letting her sister borrow a few makeup items such as concealer and foundation.

Olympia was not an expert in this though, and she ended up putting on so much pale beige, that she appeared to be a ghost. Normally she was more positive, but she was losing time, and she felt as though she looked worse than before.

"What do I do, Sophie?!" She had rushed back into her older sibling's room.

Sophie sighed as she ceased fixing her hair for school, and went to Olympia's side, helping her by adding a bit of blush, and a few other things. By the time she was finished, the red-head almost didn't recognize herself, but she needed to get to Odd Squad. Thankfully it only took 5 minutes to get in and ride in the nearest tube entrance, so Olympia was soon off.

"You look different, partner," commented Otis as soon as she ran up to their desks.

"Do you mean like good different, or bad different," she wondered, awkwardly swaying from side to side slightly.

"A good different, but you looked nice before," he softly smiled.

She returned the gesture, before throwing her paperwork up into the air when a thundering voice sounded, "ATTENTION ALL AGENTS! TODAY IS PICTURE DAY, SO EXPECT YOU ALL TO GET IN LINE, AND WAIT FOR YOUR TURN! REMEMBER, NO BUTS, CUTS, OR COCONUTS... OR ROBOTS! YES, I'M TALKING TO YOU OSCAR. WELL, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO... GET IN LINE!"

The entire squad scrambled around, the line going so far back that a few agents had to stand in the hall of doors. Thanks to Olympia's quick sprint, she had secured a position close to the room they were meant to be in.

"It looks like they're about ten people in front of us," she observed, nervously twiddling with her fingers.

"Partner?" Otis sounded confused, since she was just not acting like her usual self.

"What? I'm not nervous... Are you nervous? Well, you shouldn't be, you're really cute... I mean, like, every day cute, like that outfit really suits you... I did not mean to make that pun. I wonder where puns came from... if like one day someone was like that's so punny, and the other person thought it was another word for funny... Speaking of funny, is it a little warm in here to you... Is my face melting off..."