100. Hold On To The Memories (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Olympia carefully sat down at the gleaming, white piano before her, such a contrast to her current feelings. Her hands were shaking as she anxiously waited for her partner to show up. It was the day he was finally going to confess his deep, hidden secret to her, and she wasn't sure if she was prepared. Normally she was the most bubbly person on the squad, but in that moment... even her heart wouldn't slow its pace.

"Okay, focus." She took a deep breath, before exhaling with her eyes still sealed shut.

It then dawned on her that one thing could always ease her nerves, and she had just the instrument to make it a reality. She reached behind her back, pulling out a packet of sheet music that she had only played a few times. The melody and lyrics broke her heart, and she never dreamed she would relate to them so much. She inhaled deeply one last time, her eyes closed, before her fingers hovered over the first, correct, white keys.

Her soft voice seemed to ring around the room, as though she was in a concert hall, but she wasn't. She was merely in the Band Room of Odd Squad.

"There's glitter on the floor after the party

Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby

Candle wax and Polaroids on the hardwood floor

You and me from the night before..."

Already the flashbacks were hitting her at full speed. The time when she had cascaded into a pile of glitter, after bursting from joy when calling her idol, Olive. Otis had been the one to save her, since he was aware of whenever she was filming an OddTube video, and he had gone into the Interrogation Room to check on her. She would never forget his look of shock, and how Olympia managed to let out a tiny squeal, that he could recognize anywhere.

She then couldn't help but reminisce about the time everyone was carrying their shoes, after a long Rookie Night. Even if Otis and her had missed out on it, he had made it the best event of her life by leading her through every room in the hall of doors.

A few sniffles escaped her nose, as she recalled all of the failed photos she tried to get of Otis. What she wouldn't give, to have at least one picture now.

And then she was even getting emotional as she thought about the horrible night shift they spent together. It had been a nightmare, but she wouldn't have wanted to go through it with anyone else.

How could she be getting so emotional before even the first chorus?!

She steadied her clammy hands before sounding more musical notes.

"Don't read the last page

But I stay when you're lost and I'm scared and you're turning away

I want your midnights

But I'll be cleaning up juice boxes with you on New Year's Day"

More memories flooded her brain of the first day they spent together, and how she had been so ready to give up, but Otis never let her. Even when he didn't really know her yet! And then she recalled all of the times when Otis almost refused to do something, but she encouraged him just as he had done for her.

"You squeeze my hand three times in the back of the taxi

I can tell that it's going to be a long road

I'll be there if you're the toast of the town babe

Or if you strike out and you're crawling home"