It Was Always You (Otis x Oona)

(Otis x Oona)

When Otis first agreed to helping Oona to study for her scientist's exam, it was purely with the intentions of helping a good friend out. Little did he know that things were about to change...

"Thanks for helping me today, Otis," Oona awkwardly spoke after she passed her test.

Otis gazed at the beautiful brunette before him, swallowing away the sudden lump in his throat. All he could imagine was them dancing together to practice for that specific portion of getting her license.

"No problem," he stated seriously with a matching nod.

She bobbed her head up and down slightly too, and a pain struck his heart as he realized she was slipping away, or was she?

"When the world gets too heavy

Put it on my back

I'll be your levy

You are taking me apart

Like bad glue

On a get well card"

The following morning the female scientist needed assistance in her lab. She had accidentally dropped a gadget, which shattered into a million pieces. It was too difficult to locate all of the dangerous, sharp fragments. Even though she chose Otis to help, he was hesitant.

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea...," he trailed off.

"What are you talking about? I'll take this vacuum, and you take that one," Oona spoke, but only in a matter of moments, Otis's machine had taken on a life of its own, and it reminded him of the blender and copy machine mishaps. He wasn't the best at reading instruction manuals...

Oona slipped, but he suddenly caught her in his strong arms, her heart pounding against her ribcage. The fall was the least of her concern, but those blue eyes, they were the ones that impaled her. It was as though she couldn't breathe, but she was aware that these were merely feelings, yet so complicated.

The gap between them was magically closed as they shared a meaningful kiss, and both of their hearts leapt into happiness. Even though they stayed together awhile after this, it seemed so short lived, because before they saw it coming, they were separated.

"It was always you

Falling for me

Now there's always time

Calling for me

I'm the light blinking at the end of the road

Blink back, to let me know"

Otis was gazing down at his hands as his thoughts swirled around his brain

"I'm a fly that's trapped

In a web

But I'm thinking that

My spider's dead

Lonely, lonely little life

I could kid myself

In thinking that I'm fine"

Meanwhile, Oona was hurriedly checking the important stock reports every few minutes. They were both quite a bit older, and she had secured a job that she was surprised Otis hadn't found her at. She still recalled her interview, just when she received the salary estimates.