Made For Each Other (Olive x Otto)

(Olive x Otto)

"Come on, Scribbles. I'm surprised other Odd Squad agents haven't learned this skill." Olive's current partner, Todd, was claiming that speaking lemon would be very beneficial to her career.

"But Todd, when has anyone ever gotten a lemon head," she asked, not convinced.

"It's bound to happen sometime. Besides, it's Odd Squad. Like we haven't dealt with a different case at least once a week," he reminded her.

She had no choice but to shrug one of her shoulders, sort of nodding her head in agreement from side to side.

"Now, you start with this sound..." Todd then demonstrated the strange language. It didn't even consist of words, only a sound that resembled someone sort of yelling.

Olive tried with all of her might, but she just couldn't do it, even when her face was turning red from working so hard.

"I guess some people just aren't meant to speak lemon," her partner shrugged.

She crossed her arms since part of her was frustrated about her failure, and the other half how Todd was not being encouraging at all.

"No one puts Olive in a corner," she stated.

"That's the spirit, Scribbles! I'm sure you'll learn how to speak lemon in no time." Oh, so now he was being supportive.

"Thanks," Olive hesitantly asked, creasing her forehead.

"No problem, Scribbles. Any time." But not soon after that he had been kicked off the squad for being a villain, and Olive assumed her nonexistent, lemon speaking skill would never be required.

A bunch of time had passed and Olive now had a new partner, a better partner. They solved cases equally together. Plus, sometimes they could even talk at the same time.

It wasn't long though before her old partner resurfaced as the head of a lemonade stand, driving the trustworthy Polly Graph out of business.

It was almost similar to a nightmare when Todd used Olive's own weakness against her. When Otto drank a cup of the villain's sour lemonade, his head turned into an actual lemon! To make things worse, he was speaking in the language only Todd could understand.

Olive was so bummed as she trudged back to headquarters, trying to figure out how to solve this odd problem.

She was ranting to her current partner as they stood alone in the lab, waiting on Oscar. "I just can't believe it." She threw her hand out, before resting it back on her hip like the opposite one. "It's like Todd knew he was going to cause this oddness someday! He even taught me the special language, and what do I have to show for it? Nothing!"

"Don't worry, Olive, I believe in you."

Her eyes widened as she looked over at her partner, who's voice was mixed in with the secretive language.

"What did you say?" She was almost afraid to ask, in case she was just hearing things.

"I said, don't worry, Olive, I believe in you," repeated Otto.

Her eyes widened as she exclaimed, "I understood what you said! Partner, how?"

"I don't know. Why does Oren understand Olaf? All he does is howl," Otto shrugged as he looked down, the yellow oval still replacing his head.

"This is great! Now I can at least communicate with you. And as much as I hate to say it, I think you're on to something, partner," she admitted as she crossed her arms.