Great Minds Think Alike (Olive x Otto)

(Olive x Otto)

Otto's grin couldn't be wider even if he tried. He had just discovered a door in Odd Squad headquarters that he wasn't even aware existed. Sure, he knew about the Pool Room, and even the one filled with chairs instead of water, but this one was extra special.

"Why haven't you told me about this before," he exclaimed to his partner, Olive.

She was right next to him, her arms folded with a serious expression upon her face. "Because it's sticky and cold," she answered.

"What are you talking about? This is amazing," shouted Otto, diving into the ice cream as soon as possible. He was in heaven with the sugary dessert that filled the entire rectangular, indoor pool.

"Otto!" Olive held her hands out a little, afraid that he might get a brain freeze, or something. It was also the temperature of a freezer down there.

The tan boy eventually popped back up, a scoop of chocolate ice cream in his hand. He was hurriedly eating as much as he could, swimming with his mouth open to consume as much of the sweet as possible. Soon, just as his partner feared, he was sitting up in the substance, holding his head.

"Aw, man... Brain freeze... Big time..." His eyes were squeezed tightly shut, as he experienced the worst headache of his life.

"Partner, maybe it's time you got out of there," suggested Olive.

"Are you kidding me?! This brain freeze... Totally worth it," he claimed, bobbing his head some, since he had recovered quickly.

"Just be careful how much you eat, okay? And try not to get sick. It is cold in there."

"Lighten up, Olive! I'll be fine."

It was only five minutes later though, and Otto was holding his stomach as he leaned against the chair at his desk. All of that sugar did not go over well, and he was even sneezing occasionally, shivering as he struggled to shake the feeling of frigid temperatures.

Olive smiled extra weakly at him, draping a spare blanket over his shoulders as he dozed off.

It was only a day or so later, and Otto kept sneezing uncontrollably off and on.

"Are you okay, partner," Olive wondered, as she worked on her paperwork at her desktop.

"Never better," Otto replied through a stuffed up nose. He then coughed as quietly as he could into his sleeve, Olive sighing softly.

"Olive! Otto! In my office! NOW," yelled Ms. O at the top of her lungs.

The duo wandered up to her office, but before their boss could even get a word out, Olive was interrupting.

"Uh, Ms. O? Can I talk to you for a minute," she softly requested.

"It better be important." Ms. O warned, going over to where the female agent was.

"I don't think Otto should be sent on a case. He's really sick...," Olive trailed off in almost a whisper.

The shorter girl glanced in Otto's direction, where he was blowing his nose with one of her purple tissues. "I see your point. How about this? Why don't I send another couple of agents on the case, and you can make sure Otto gets some rest," she suggested.

"Sounds great." Olive nodded seriously once with her arms crossed.

Otto didn't understand why they were leaving the office though. "I thought Ms. O wanted to send us on a case..."