Breathless (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Olympia had a secret from her partner, and no, it wasn't the earth shattering, "I'm not who you thought I was," secret, but one that she never bothered to mention. She didn't even tell him the main reason behind why she had offered to talk to the maintenance, when Ms. O's office was getting fixed, especially when Ms. O was forcing everyone to do fast exercises to get in better shape. She knew it would probably come up eventually, but she just never saw that day coming, but it came. Boy, did it ever.

"Okay, so now we have to get some bananas from the banana room," Otis ordered. 

They were gathering up items to help the tube operators. The system had malfunctioned again, and even though it wasn't like when Olive and Otto were stuck in that dangerous forest, it still was important they fixed it fast. 

"Is that one of the next things we need," Olympia wondered, since she had just glanced at the various objects that were fried. 

"I don't know. I'm just hungry," he shrugged. 

Olympia didn't look amused, as he grabbed a few bananas from outside the banana room on the door. 

"Otis! We need a banana. Stat," called Dr. O as she skidded into view. 

"Oh, I see you've already gotten one. This will do," she spoke, taking the least ripe one, which Otis was about to eat. 

The other two were pretty brown already, and he was frustrated that he lost the best looking fruit. 

"No time to eat, partner. We have to get a bowling ball," said Olympia. 

"A bowling ball," echoed Otis. 

"Yeah, it might be part of the new system," Olympia thought out loud, them rushing to the bowling room. 

She was slightly wheezing as they stopped outside the door. 

"You okay there, partner," Otis checked, knitting his eyebrows together in concern. 

"Yeah," Olympia breathed before gulping for air for a second. 

"I'm fine," she added, handing Otis the heavy bowling ball. 

"Thanks, partner," Otis nodded once, hurrying ahead, and not noticing that she lagged behind that time.

Olympia was relieved that the rest of that mission went well, but then she was faced with another challenge on a different day. They had just cracked the code on where Mr. Lightning was meant to strike next. They were just popping out of the blue light of the tubes, and running after the villain, nearly getting hit with lightning bolts, if they weren't careful. Otis was still running straight ahead, but then their Mr. Lightning rounded a corner, and it hit him that Olympia wasn't close by. 

"Olympia," he called, but she was quite a few feet away. 

She was leaning her hands above her knees, since she was bent over, wheezing even worse than the other day. 

"Partner! What's wrong," Otis yelled to her worriedly. 

His legs couldn't carry him there fast enough, as he instantly forgot all about their case. 

"I'm fine," breathed Olympia with the weakest smile she had ever given him. 

"No, you're not," stated Otis. 

"Come on, Otis, Mr. Lightning is getting away. We have to catch him," breathed Olympia. 

"No, you're much more important," Otis responded, Olympia's cheeks turning a pale pink.