Finally (Todd x Olive)

(Todd x Olive)

It had been another typical, busy day at Odd Squad. Most of the agents were exhausted and ready to go home, except for one pair. Agent Todd and Agent Olive still had their full energy, mainly due to Todd's ability to solve cases almost instantly. Olive sometimes wished that she could be of more help, but then there were moments where she was grateful for Todd's talents. The sky was overcast that day with forbidding, rolling, dark grey clouds, and a gusty wind to match. Olive and Todd had just cracked the code on how to stop Jamie Jam's jelly bomb from exploding. They were rushing to the nearest tube entrance, when Olive detected she was suddenly alone. She rotated back around to spot Todd, coughing into his sleeve quite a few feet away.

"Todd?" She managed to walk back to him, using her arm as a shield from the raging weather.

"You don't have to wait up on me, Scribbles! I just... had to stop for a moment," he told her.

"Why," she wondered, confusion evident in her voice.

"I had to make sure that wasn't Sammy Squirrel over there," he fabricated.

"That's a tree," Olive stated, spying the sturdy structure nearby.

"Yeah, well... who cares?! Let's just get back to headquarters," he snapped, causing her to flinch slightly.

"Okay...," she agreed, both of them finally back at home base.

Todd was continually shivering uncontrollably as he sat at his desk, his arms crossed snuggly across his chest.

"Todd...," Olive said softly.

"What?!" He seemed upset that she kept attempting to speak with him.

"Are you okay," she wondered softly.

"I'm fine, Scribbles! Geez, do you have to be so nosy?"

He had hurt her feelings again, but she masked the pain as she leaned against her chair. "No... I'm sorry, Todd."

It wasn't long though before her partner was not only shaking quite a bit, but his cheeks had turned bright red. Olive didn't care if he yelled at her every single time she tried to help, she went over to him, delicately placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Todd," she said firmly to capture his attention, which it worked. "I think you need to see Dr. O."

"I don't want to see the doctor! Besides, I'm fine!"

"Well, you could at least go to the Pillow Room to rest," she offered, his shoulders sagging as he reluctantly nodded his head.

"Alright, Scribbles, you win."

Soon they were shuffling in that direction, Olive's arm hanging loosely around his shoulders. Even though Todd never let on, he was grateful for her persistence to help him rest. He secretly was quite ill, blindly thinking his cold wasn't a flu one originally. He would never forget her kindness, even if he did nothing but never return it.

It was at least half a year later, and Todd was no longer being wrapped up in Olive's caring arms. Instead he was lucky if she was even civil to him, due to the circumstances of him becoming a villain. One of the best in fact. He didn't feel much like bragging though, especially when he noticed Olive's cheeks were quite rosy in their latest fight. She had insisted on battling him alone again, not wanting her new partner, Otto, to have to deal with her old partner.

"Scribbles! Give up already! You know you're not going to get the tube system plans from me!" Todd had the scroll tucked snuggly beneath his arm, expertly dodging every single gadget she zapped at him. She seemed weaker that day, and he had an inkling why.

"I won't let you steal them! How did you even get them again anyway," she wondered.

"It wasn't hard. I just remembered how to sneak into headquarters, and then I stole the plans from Ms. O!" His evil cackle echoed around the dingy warehouse they were currently in.

"I won't let you get away with this," Olive vowed loudly. She groaned slightly as she missed another aim from his own, odd gadget, but this time she tumbled to the floor.

"Scribbles!" Todd didn't know what prompted him to drop everything he was holding, including the blueprints, but he did.

He hurried to the girl's side, her coughing at the ground as she struggled to push herself up.

"It's over, Todd," she wheezed. When he grasped her shoulders, she was shocked to find his touch gentle.

"Come on, maybe we should get you to a Pillow Room or something," he softly spoke, her gingerly nodding her head. She was half out of it, because of her high fever, but something about his words felt eerily familiar.

He did his best to lead her all the way back to headquarters, cunningly sneaking in just as he had done before.

Once they got into the Pillow Room, he helped her to lean against the fluffy rectangles, her head lulling to the side as she kept dozing off.

"Thanks..." She couldn't even register who had just helped her.

"No problem. You know, you're not so bad, Scribbles. I never really minded being partners with you. It's just the odd took over... Besides, it was so boring solving all of the cases all the time and so quickly. Not to brag, but I still was proud that I won the award for most awards though." He ceased speaking when it dawned on him that she was already asleep. He carefully brushed her loose hair back with his fingers, hating to leave the sleeping girl. He experienced a pang in his heart, as it hit him for the first time that he actually loved her, and she would never know. He decided it was best if he left then, but before he even stood up, he carefully kissed her forehead, his hands shaking as he cupped her face. It was as though she would shatter at any moment, or at least punch him in the face. He sighed softly, as his blue eyes drank in every single detail of her facial features one last time.

"I love you, Scrib-" He paused, over aware of how that nickname had been deemed as an insult in the past.

"I love you, Olive," he corrected, even if he knew she hadn't heard him.

It was obvious that they were doomed to ever reunite, especially since they continued to still be mortal enemies.

That's why Todd got the shock of his life, when one day he was busy gardening, since he had given up his career as a villain. A familiar voice sounded from nearby, and it seemed to fill the entire space, despite it being softer than a normal volume.

"I love you too, Todd."

He smiled.  Finally.

A/N: Hey guys, this idea of Todd and Olive being sick was requested by, ToddAndScribbles07 .  I hope you enjoyed it.  <3  Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you did.  Thank you!  <3