Camouflage (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"You remembered!" Olympia was all smiles as her partner revealed the freshly cooked batter.

"Of course I did," Otis told her.

Olympia smiled even wider as she grabbed the waffle, it burning her fingers in the process. "Hot! Hot! Hot!"

Otis chuckled extra quietly as he finally got out a white plate for her to let it fall on.

"Thanks, partner," she said sheepishly, her cheeks tinted a bit pink.

"No problem. Besides, I did make more."

Her face lit up once again as he revealed the giant stack.

"Best, official, one year anniversary EVER!" She was practically jumping up and down with excitement, causing her positive energy to rub off on Otis.

*More time passed...*

"No way! A rainbow panda! It's like my two favorite things put together," exclaimed Olympia with the stuffed animal she held in her hands.

"Take a whiff," Otis stated.

"What?" She looked at him confused.

"Of the panda," he clarified.

She still was squinting her eyes, unsure if he was acting quite sane, but as soon as she hovered her nose above the panda, she instantly caught a whiff of a sweet yet under appreciated flavor.

"Bubble gum! You remembered that bubble gum is my favorite ice cream flavor!" Even though she looked quite a bit older, her wide smile was still the same, along with her vivid, red glasses.

"Of course, how could I forget," he wondered seriously, his arms wrapped behind his back.

"This is the best first year of dating anniversary ever!" She threw her arms around his neck, causing him to stumble back slightly, but he gradually found himself holding her close, taking in the moment of being with his favorite person in the whole entire world.

*Even more time had passed...*

"I just can't deal with this anymore!" Olympia's face was beet red, mainly from anger, but tears were also threatening to appear.

"You were the one that wanted to date outside of Odd Squad," he yelled back.

"Well, it was your fault in the first place! Why did you have to be a former villain, Otis?! Why?! Once a villain always a villain!"  After the squad discovered his secret, Otis had been forced to leave Odd Squad, Olympia going with him.  Lately though, it had been hard when everyone would give the past villain looks, and even treat him differently because of who he had been, Olympia also getting affected.

"I thought you stopped using that line," he shouted back.

"Yeah, but no matter how much time passes, you will always be seen as a villain by everyone!"

"I can't believe you just said," Otis admitted, his expression suddenly void of emotion. "I'm the one that can't deal with this anymore. I'm done." He then left in such a hurry that something fell out of his pocket.