Falling For You (Ocean x Olympia)

(Ocean x Olympia)

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." -John Green, "The Fault in Our Stars"

"Equal Squeakal," Olympia proudly announced with her signature grin. She had just figured out the solution to dividing her new room for her fellow workers. Her face fell though as it dawned on her what she said. "Not a saying."

It seemed to be an insignificant phrase, one that would never be repeated again, especially by the serious Dr. O or the quiet Ogg, who no one had ever really met before that moment.

"Hey, dudette, I need a gadget to help me catch my creatures," Ocean spoke to Oona one day in the lab.

"Hold on, let me just... Ah!" All of a sudden Oona had dropped all of the gadgets she had been holding.

"Why were you carrying that many gadgets anyway," Ocean wondered.

"I've been trying to organize them all day, but I'm getting nowhere," exclaimed the female scientist in frustration.

"Chill out, dudette. Ocean knows how to divide things," he promised, placing his hand over his heart for a moment.

He then crouched on the floor next to her, helping to retrieve the scattered items. "It looks to me, you have about 24 items here."

"Yeah, so," asked Oona in response.

"24 items divided by 2 equals 12, so all you need to do is divide these into 2 separate groups," he explained.

"That would work, except my holders are divided into 4 sections," she pointed out.

"Easy. Then we just divided 24 by 4, which equals 6."

"Thanks, Ocean," she smiled slightly, as he helped her in attaching the devices to the spots on the wall.

"No problem," he told her, but then he added a phrase that took Oona by surprise. "Equal Squeakal."

As he strolled out of the room all Oona could mouth at first was, "Equal Squeakal?" She quickly found her voice again though. "Is that even a saying?"

"Hey, Oona," Olympia suddenly greeted, making her friend jump.

"Olympia," exclaimed Oona, doing her best to compose herself.

"I need a gadget. Otis and I have a big case involving a Laser Chicken," the auburn shared.

"No problem. Here you go." Oona proudly gave her one of the objects that had recently been stored on the wall.

"Thanks," beamed Olympia, gazing down at the white piece of plastic. She instantly hurried to where her partner was waiting.

"Ready, partner," Otis double checked with a single nod, his arms stuck behind his back.

Olympia copied his serious nod as she responded, "Ready, dude."

Otis hung behind for a moment, saying under his breath with a really confused expression, "Dude?"

The weird phrases kept happening as Oona finally helped Olympia to round up a talking mustache.

"Thanks, Oona. Otis had to go with Ms. O to the latest villain meeting. Last time they found her weakness, and we were only allowed to ask villains 20 questions in the Interrogation Room, or any of their moms or dentists..."

Oona got distracted as she just let her friend ramble, thinking about how relieved she was to finally get the mustache put away. It had told jokes the entire time they walked, and what made it worse was it had attached to a meatball and gotten a hat. It almost reminded her of a magical being that came to life when they wore a hat. Frosty something... the snowman?