Back To You (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

It was the dreaded day that Olympia wished wasn't happening. Otis was leaving the squad for forever. Apparently he wasn't able to stay at Odd Squad after the truth of his past was unleashed, which was about how he was a former villain.

"Preparing to squishinate! Squishinating," called Ms. O, but there were tears in her eyes. She had gotten close to the blonde boy too.

Olympia had went to bid goodbye to her partner moments before, but when she went to do that, all of a sudden she just couldn't find the strength to hug him, or say anything.

"It's okay, Olympia. I get it." Otis struggled to smile at her.

Olympia nodded her head in response, before saying in a broken whisper, "Goodbye, Otis."

All he did was give her a serious nod, before getting into the tube entrance. There was so much to be said, yet neither one of them could find the words, which wasn't unusual for Otis, but for Olympia...

Otis was gone in a matter of seconds, and all Olympia wanted was to be alone. Ms. O respected her request, as the auburn agent trudged off to be by herself. She cried harder than she ever had, and her heart felt as though it had broken in two. Why was that? And why did Olympia feel such guilt that it seemed to swallow her up inside? She couldn't help but wish she had planned on how to say goodbye better, but what was she supposed to say? After all these years, I finally realized that I love you, and you were the best partner I ever had, and my best friend, and... She would have just become a rambling mess, and that's not the way she wanted Otis to remember her, even if it was a common trait of hers. What was she going to do now?

"We never got it right

Playing and replaying old conversations

Overthinking every word and I hate it

'Cause it's not me ('cause it's not me)"

*2 years later*

Otis had broken Olympia's heart more times than she could count. He was constantly out with other girls, and she just couldn't understand why! He had even dated Oona at one time, which her best friend didn't want to stay with him, once she realized how he had neglected Olympia. Ocean was now Olympia's boyfriend, mainly because they were partners, and he could always cheer her up. The Creature Room was run by someone different now. It turns out a hammock could only do so much for Ocean's aching back from chasing after creatures.

"For Valentine's Day I'm planning a surprise. You're gonna love it, Olympia. Trust me on this one," Ocean told her, but Olympia's thoughts were elsewhere to a boy that obviously no longer loved her.

"Took you like a shot

Thought that I could chase you with a cold evening

Let a couple years water down how I'm feeling about you

(Feeling about you)"

"Olympia!" Ocean was waving his hand in front of her face.

"Huh?" Olympia jumped up in her seat as she moved her chin from the palm of her hand.

"You were zoned out again. It seems like you've been doing that a lot lately, dudette," Ocean observed.

"I'm fine. You know me, so excited about Valentine's Day!" Olympia gave him her classic, wide smile, only it had been fake for awhile now.