The Only Music (Ocean x Olympia)

(Ocean x Olympia)

Olympia could already feel the music pulsing through her veins, as she hurried to the Band Room. She had finally convinced Otis to participate in the extracurricular activity, since it was obvious he was talented at playing the saxophone after Delivery Debbie requested a song, while they found an unlucky nickel. Olympia expected the class to be fun, exciting, and helpful, but what she didn't expect was the love story that would unfold from it.

"Hey, Ocean! You're taking band too," she wondered, taking a seat next to the creature guy.

"Yeah, I play a bit of jazz. It comes in handy when dealing with a chicken horse," Ocean shared.

Olympia nodded her head some with a wide smile, before the teacher had gotten their attention, which was a tan boy with long, shaggy, dark hair.

"From the top. One. Two. Three," he announced.

Olympia looked over at Otis, unsure of what to do. After the musical tune was finished, Ocean was setting down his instrument, and the person in charge was finally addressing the other students.

"Welcome to the Band Room. Here we will learn how to make wonderful music, and also improve your current skills. You can call me, Conductor Oswald. I will be in charge of this class, and also any recitals we might have coming up."

Olympia was already squirming in her seat, anxious to be on a stage in front of a bunch of Odd Squad agents, but in a good way.

"We will begin by welcoming our newest students, Agent Olympia and Agent Otis." Oswald gestured to the beaming red-head that was waving, and the boy that seemed he wanted to be anywhere but at the center of attention. "Please demonstrate your skills."

The auburn popped right up, enthusiastically playing her piano, as Otis's saxophone blended perfectly with the music.

Oswald held up his hand as he told them, "You can stop now, but that was very impressive."

The wide smile stretching across Olympia's face was hard to miss, and Ocean was even displaying a slight, half smile of his own as he nodded a tiny bit, impressed.

Olympia was worried when Otis suddenly fell ill with a type of cold flu, and she was instructed to practice with Ocean more, just in case her partner wasn't better in time for their first, big show.

"We sound so great together," she exclaimed, as she just played the last key.

"For sure. You have a real talent for the piano, Olympia."

She awkwardly walked over to sit in the chair next to his, gushing, "Thanks..." They were putting in some extra practice with just the two of them.

"No problem..." Ocean couldn't help but notice how close her knee was to his. "Uh... So, have you heard from your partner?"

Her expression suddenly turned a lot more sad than usual, as she nodded her head slightly. "Yeah... He's still sick. Actually he sounded worse. Turns out, the stuff went into his chest, and now he's coughing, and almost throwing up..."

Ocean held his hand up a little. "I get the picture." He had just had a full snack before they met up together. Normally he didn't get nauseated easily, but every time he was around Olympia his stomach felt funny.

"You know, I don't feel so well myself," Olympia admitted.

"Don't tell me you're getting sick too, dudette. You've worked so hard for this show."