I Really Like You (Otis x Polly Graph)

(Otis x Polly Graph)

It was a blistering, summer day, the kind that Olympia would smile about at 96 degrees. Otis didn't mind it too much, only he was beginning to get really thirsty. His mouth felt dry, as they passed a lemonade stand he had never noticed before.

"Otis, do you know who that is," Olympia asked him quietly, and in a bit of shock.

"No." He honestly had no clue who the person was.

"That's Polly... Polly Graph! She's helped out with Odd Squad a lot over the years," spoke Olympia. "Do you know what we should do?"

"Go back to headquarters, and leave her be," Otis hesitantly asked.

"No, we should go over and say, hi, and introduce ourselves!" His partner was already gleefully smiling.

That plan was wrecked though, since Polly was too busy serving cool beverages, due to the hot temperature.

It wasn't until a lot later that they finally met her when they were on a mission to save the world. Even that was short lived though, because soon they were being sent into the secret, underground cave for Odd Squad.

Another summer rolled around, and the day was identical to that one the previous year.

"Ugh! Can you believe it?! I ran out of lemons, so now I have to serve orange juice instead...," complained Polly, causing Otis to stroll over.

"What are you talking about? Orange juice is delicious," he stated seriously in front of her stand, his arms situated behind his back.

"Yeah, but my customers will be expecting lemonade, and it's the hottest day on record so far this year!" Polly seemed really bummed about the situation.

"Where did you get so many oranges," Otis wondered, nodding to the basketfuls.

"Oh. This guy dropped them off. He said he had some extra fruit, and I could use them. It's weird how it happened right after I ran out of lemons," Polly noted.

Otis nodded his head a little before grabbing a white, paper cup, closing his eyes in happiness as soon as the orange liquid touched his lips. This sugary drink seemed better than usual, and he grinned a little giddily as he gazed at Polly. "Try it." He held up his cup for a moment before chugging down more.

"Man... that is good," Polly grinned after sipping some of it.

Just then though clouds rolled in, and it looked as though it was about to rain.

"Aw, man..." Polly's upset tone seemed to fade away as the wind picked up. "My oranges!" But it was too late, the spheres were quickly rolling away.

"Don't worry, I'll get you some more lemons back at headquarters," Otis promised her.

"Thanks, but I think I better get inside right now...," trailed off Polly, the gusts of wind almost blowing her away.

"Copy that," he agreed, hurrying to the nearest tube entrance.

It was the next day, and when Otis awoke he still felt the sense of a happy warmth flooding his body.

He found his feet gravitating towards a familiar, lemonade stand, which Polly had salvaged after the fierce storm.

"Hey, Otis," she dreamily sighed, leaning her forearms against the counter.

"Hey, Polly." Even though his nod was serious, he felt a special connection towards her.

"You're so cute." Polly giggled as she playfully tapped his nose.