Let Me Go-Part 1 (Oona x Otis x Olympia)

(Oona x Otis x Olympia)

"Howdy do, Otis," Oona greeted as she skidded into view. 

She instantly blushed as she tugged on her black suspenders. They were all exhausted from working on an extra hard case. Normally it would only be Olympia and Otis, but it had required more members of the squad to figure it out. 

"Thank you for helping us, Oona," Otis nodded once, his arms locked behind his back per usual. 

"No problem," Oona casually said. 

To her surprise though, her heart had begun hammering in her chest. Olympia had claimed that she could stay up all night, but she had zonked out at her desk as soon as the night shift was over. She was so tired, because of the fact that she basically never stopped working on normal days. 

"We better get some rest too. Ms. O will expect us to do work today," Otis informed Oona, as he turned to walk away. 

His face was transforming to a red hue though. Something about spending that much time together, just the two of them, while they were checking to see if the coast was clear, as Olympia took the lead, had changed their relationship. They just couldn't quite put their finger on it what was different yet.

Ms. O let them have the next day off, and then it was back to a regular day at the squad. 

"Howdy do, Otis," Oona told him, even though she had just dropped almost all of the gadgets she was carrying. 

She had been traveling through the hall of doors, but seeing him made her arms turn to jelly, not literally of course (Hey, it is Odd Squad, anything can happen). 

"Do you need help," Otis checked, his hands still joined at his back. 

"No. I've got this," Oona claimed, but her fingers kept acting like they were covered in butter. 

"Agh! It's like my fingers are covered in butter," she exclaimed, used to always speaking her thoughts out loud. 

"Here, let me help," Otis offered, nodding seriously, before crouching down to pick up all the gadgets he could. 

Oona was then left with one, which she gripped extra tightly to not let fall. 

"Thanks, Otis," she muttered to the floor. 

"No problem," he claimed. 

After a pause of awkward silence, he added, "So... do you just want these in the lab?" 

"Yeah. The lab would be good," Oona reacted, breaking out of her own daze. 

They walked side by side without a single sound, except for distant crashes in some of the rooms. 

"Otis," she blurted out suddenly, turning to him. 

"Yeah...," he asked uncertainly, raising one of his eyebrows. 

"I think I like you. Like a lot," she stated, before jerking her head to stare straight ahead. 

"What," questioned Otis in disbelief. 

She sighed in annoyance before telling him, "Don't make this harder than it already is. Do you like me back, or not? I want to know." 

Otis was a bit taken aback by her boldness, but it shouldn't have surprised him, especially that time when she got highly offended about the fake Calculator-inator gadget, when they were trying to save the world. 

"Yeah, I guess I do. I mean, I never really thought about it...," he admitted, as his complexion became a bright red. 

"Well, I have, ever since that night we worked on that case together, and ever since then you make my legs like jelly, and... I can't even think straight, and... See? I'm doing it right now," she complained. 

"I'll admit, I had noticed there was something different between us," Otis confided awkwardly. 

"So, what you're saying is, we both like each other," Oona grinned as she finally looked at him. 

"Yeah, I guess it is...," he trailed off, truly looking at Oona for the first time. 

Her brown eyes sparkled like no other, and all of a sudden frogs were jumping in his stomach, which he hated, yet didn't mind at the same time. Just then Oona's smile disappeared, and she dropped all of her gadgets, grabbing his face to kiss him. Surprisingly, the kiss was simple and soft, and Otis couldn't even describe how incredible he felt. After she pulled away, his mouth had opened a little as he stared at her. 

"Good thing none of these gadgets went off," she commented, as she scooped up every device from the ground. 

Then she was happily walking off, her dark brown hair swinging behind her, and Otis unsure if what just happened had been real.

For weeks, Otis followed Oona around like a lost puppy, even when she barely paid attention to him. He never complained if she cancelled every date they had to finish up some extra work. He was so smitten with her, that it made the other agents feel sick inside, and Oona was starting to catch on to how she wasn't treating him right. 

"Otis, I think we need to talk," she spoke one day, as he gazed at her lovingly from across the counter. 

"What about," wondered Otis, as he jumped onto the counter to sit. 

He had been hit by this crush so hard, that he was acting more like his mirror self lately. Oona sighed as she glanced down for a moment, struggling to tell such a happy Otis the truth. 

"Otis, let's face it, we're no good for each other," she pointed out. 

"How can you say that? We're perfect," Otis argued, as though she was crazy. 

His eyebrows knit together as he looked at her in puzzlement. Oona exhaled loudly, as she shook her head a couple of times, with a view of her green sneakers. 

"Otis, I don't think I've ever kept a date with you. I'm just too busy running my lab, and we've only kissed once. I just don't get why you're so into me," she admitted. 

"Because you're smart, fun to be around, pretty, and overall, you're just so Oona," Otis explained. 

"But here's the thing, us together was a mistake. Just because I had a crush on you, and you on me, doesn't mean we should end up together," Oona bluntly said.

Otis looked down, as his constant joy crashed and burned for the first time. 

"Sorry...," Oona awkwardly added. 

"It's alright, Oona," he lied, hopping off of the counter. 

"You need to let me go, and find someone who can love you someday in the ways I couldn't," she replied, gently touching his shoulder. 

He hardly nodded his head as he left, but when he glanced back at her, all he could think about was how she had been his first crush. And he never knew he could love the feelings he had so much. He never knew that he wanted to be in a relationship, until Oona showed him that, and now it was gone, and he still liked her. How could he ever let her go?

A/N: Hey guys. (: So, this is going to be my first ever two part one shot idea. I hope you've liked the first part so far. I actually surrounded this idea off of the song, "Let Me Go," by Hailee Steinfeld & Alesso (ft. Florida Georgia Line & watt), which I love by the way. Anyways, please remember to comment, vote, and follow. All of your support really means a ton to me. I can never thank you enough. <3 Part 2 should be coming up next. (: