You're Kinda Cute When You Ramble (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"Oh no," Otis said in worried, realization. 

Olympia and him had just been riding through the tubes like they always did, when suddenly the tubes broke, and they had landed on the ground in their red pods. Otis had just called Ms. O, who was trying to not make them worry. 

When Otis asked if they should be concerned though, she accidentally blurted out, "Of course not! It's not like you're in Sector 21, or anything! Oops..." 

Just then Ms. O hung up the phone, when Oona rushed up to her with a question about fixing the system. 

"What is it," Olympia wondered, gazing uneasily at Otis. 

"N-nothing," he actually stammered out, which was rare for him. 

"Okay...," Olympia trailed off. 

Just then delicate snowflakes had begun twirling out of the sky, and the wind whipped around them. Olympia shivered as she wrapped her arms around herself, trying to preserve the heat she had with her coat on. 

"It had to be winter when we got lost here, didn't it," Otis commented as he looked up at the cloudy sky. 

"Where exactly is here? We're not lost, are we," Olympia spoke. 

"No...," Otis attempted to lie. 

He instantly felt bad though when he saw her shivering, and her brown eyes held fear in them. 

"We are lost," she exclaimed in the form of a question. 

Otis sighed as he finally confessed, "We might be in Sector 21." 

"Sector 21?! But that's only the most dangerous place on earth! Maybe even in the whole universe," shouted Olympia. 

"I know, but we have to keep moving, partner. We're not even close to the next tube entrance," he pointed out. 

"You mean, we have to go through Sector 21? But that's so dangerous," she exclaimed in exasperation. 

"Good thing that's your nickname," he faintly smirked at her. 

"That's not going to work this time," Olympia grumpily told him. 

"Hey, what happened to your usual fighting through the wolves, and there's light at the end of the tunnel," he inquired. 

She hastily replied, "We've been in the tunnel too long. There's no light, just the wolves." 

"Come on, Olympia, I'm not going to let you give up this time, just like I didn't on our first day. Trust me," he subtly pleaded, gently taking one of her folded arms. 

She sighed as she caved, "Fine, if we must." 

Otis managed a weak smile, before dragging her along, shocked that she wasn't acting more positive like usual. The snow was falling faster by then, and it was beginning to coat the ground, similar to powdered sugar on brownies. 

"Good thing the laser chickens aren't out," noted Otis. 

"Yeah...," Olympia trailed off. 

She glanced over at Otis, with a look on her face that indicated something was wrong. 

"What's wrong, partner," Otis wondered, as he knit his eyebrows together in confusion. 

"Nothing," she claimed, dropping her head to the ground. 

He bit his lower lip for a second before doing his usual, serious nod, them walking through the growing slippery path. Before they knew it there was at least a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but the wind was no longer howling in their ears. It was becoming more serene out, and Otis noticed that Olympia's mood had brightened.