Felt The Same Way (Ohlm x Ozlyn)

(Ohlm x Ozlyn)

Ozlyn had just finished explaining to Olympia the reason behind them not knowing what the other half of a photo looked like. It was crucial for a prop in their latest mission, but there was a blurred finger blocking half of the flower vase of yellow flowers.

"Was it Ohlm," Olympia asked, turning to the girl with short, high pigtails.

"It was Ohlm," Ozlyn confirmed.

In that moment she just found him to be a random agent, but she had no idea that in time he would become so much more.

It was about a week later, and Ozlyn had finally signed up for a photography class at the squad. She had always had an eye for taking pictures, so she expected these lessons to be fun. Little did she know once again, more surprises were along the way.

"Like a bumblebee flying through a hive in the winter. I shall tell you the proper way to take pictures," Obfusco shared.

"Why is Obfusco always in charge of Odd Squad's extracurricular activities," Ozlyn whispered to Oona nearby.

"No idea," Oona replied, since the boy had also taken on a bread hat making class and a baloney one, not to mention helped Olaf to set up his underwater tennis course, which he had to quit upon learning he was a werewolf.

"Now, I shall partner you off, and like bunny rabbits in a carrot garden, you shall hop to the finish line in China," Obfusco spoke, calling off names.

Ozlyn anxiously awaited for her name, but her entire face fell when she heard the name that followed. It was as though the whole announcement was in slow motion.

"Agent Ohlm...," Obfusco said.

Ozlyn felt her mouth hanging open slightly, but she quickly shut it when she turned her head to see a boy with dark brown hair waving enthusiastically at her. The moment they were told to meet up with their partners, Ohlm almost tripped hurrying over.

"Hi, what's your name," he asked her.

"Uh, Ozlyn. You're Ohlm, right," she double checked.

"Oh yeah...," he dragged out with a grin, bobbing his head a smidge.

Ozlyn felt like mentally face palming herself, but she did her best to not let it show. This wasn't even the worst of it, it was when they went on a field trip to the zoo, and the duo that took the best pictures would win a prize. Ozlyn wanted the roll of film so badly, especially since her parents didn't have the most money, and Odd Squad was an organization where kids worked for free. Not that Ozlyn was complaining, since she loved her job of securing the perimeter.

"Okay, so let's try taking a picture of a lion first," Ozlyn suggested. They had just passed a grey, grand fountain of dancing penguin statues. "Ohlm, those aren't real animals. Obfusco said we're supposed to do living things today."

Her partner had gotten distracted by the fake birds, flashing at least a dozen photos, before he heard what Ozlyn said.

"Oh yeah..."

The girl shook her head some, steadying her camera, saying under her breath, "Focus... Focus..."

"What's that," Ohlm asked, causing her to jerk her device as soon as it clicked. What made matters worse is they weren't using digital cameras. Obfusco claimed it would make them less likely to take too many photos.