Rewritten History (Owen x Oksana)

(Owen x Oksana)

It just seemed to be another typical day at the squad. Oksana was scrubbing away at the piles of bright, yellow dishes. They almost seemed to be taunting her with their cheery color, and the pink sponge was not helping. She sighed as she wiped the sweat from her forehead with the back of her arm, stuck in the same, old routine that she had been in for literally years. She kept working hard though, and soon everything was finished. That was until lunch time rolled around, and after she killed herself over a hot stove, she was back to washing the utensils, plates, bowls, and cups again. The pile seemed to get higher each time, but she never allowed herself to get slower.

Just then an agent walked by, dropping his plate into the sudsy water, causing a few bubbles to almost hit Oksana in the face.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Why do you always have to finish after everyone else?"

Owen shrugged as he replied, "Sorry, I got seconds again. Plus, my break didn't start until 10 minutes ago. You try eating two mounds of spaghetti in that time."

"So, you're the reason why I had to make more," Oksana emphasized, clearly annoyed, even with her mono-tone voice always present.

Owen shrugged not catching on to her anger entirely. "It's no problem. I see you're almost done with the dishes."

She went to open her mouth tell him off, before he said something that shocked her. "Mind if I help you finish?"

"That's a change," she stated, crossing her arms as Owen grabbed a hairnet, and pair of yellow, latex gloves.

"Hey, I like to think of myself as a pretty helpful guy." He shrugged as he picked up the first bowl to clean.

"Since when?" Oksana's cold stare was unwavering.

"Hey, I've been busy. I could move some stuff around, but I would still only have an hour free a day," he shared.

"You seriously get an hour long break?" She had never looked into hers, since it pretty much wasn't an option with the continuous tasks in the kitchen.

"Yeah. I thought everyone did." He shrugged as he finished washing three bowls already.

"If you're going to be helping me. Put them on the draining board!" Oksana was not in the mood for this amateur to just set the dishes onto the bare counter.

"Sorry, just trying to help. My break's over now anyway." He plopped his gloves and hairnet next to the sink, leaving the station.

Oksana watched him walk away, a brief fluttering in her heart. She then was yelling at herself in her mind. Stop it, Oksana! You promised yourself you wouldn't feel anymore! Plus, what is there to be excited about? You've had the same, old job for years, and you've watched all of your friends go... Yeah, past tense. You don't make any friends now. Oksana didn't even utter a sigh as she turned back to her job.

It was a few days later, and Oksana almost ran into that annoying boy again.

"I see you have spaghetti sauce on your shirt," she commented.

"Oh yeah, that must have been from the spaghetti I had earlier. You make a lot of spaghetti." He didn't even see her cold glare, as he licked his thumb a little to wipe away the stain. He finally looked up at her again. "Did I get it?"

Her mono-tone voice answered annoyed, "No."

Owen tried to wipe away the spot again. "Did I get it?"