Snowglobe (Olive x Otto)

(Olive x Otto)

Otto didn't care if Olive insisted that no one did this for her, or the fact that Christmas was a mere few weeks away. He was going to throw her a birthday party. How could he not? She was his best partner ever! Well, his only partner, but still...

"I think the sign should be moved a little to the left," he told an annoyed Agent Oren and Olaf. "Perfect." Otto smiled as the gigantic, happy birthday greeting was perfectly situated below Ms. O's podium upstairs.

"Hey, Otto, I got the present you wanted," Oscar awkwardly told his good friend.

"Good. Olive's going to love this." Otto grinned taking the medium-sized box, that was wrapped in navy blue.

"Yeah, I know you were bummed about not being able to go outside in the snow, what with the blizzard and all, but at least it gives us an excuse to actually do this thing." Oscar gestured around him at the simple yet effective decorations. "And you might end up liking Olive's present too."

"What do you mean? Of course I'll like it! I picked it out for her," Otto noted.

"Well..." Oscar was about to explain himself, as he tugged on his lab coat, but just then O'Malley was running in.

"Oscar! Oscar! Olive's coming through here right now! I couldn't keep her in the Basketball Room any longer," the young, tube operator explained.

"I thought for sure that would keep Olive busy all day," Oscar admitted.

"I think she's getting suspicious," O'Malley added.

Oscar was about to ask him to stall longer, but Otto spoke first, "Don't worry, I think everything's pretty much set up anyway."

The two boys nodded in agreement, before Otto was announcing to everyone that it was time to hide, and dim the lights. Soon Olive was strolling into the room, her silhouette against the lights behind her.

"Where is everyone," she wondered.

"SURPRISE!"

She jerked back a little as the entire squad jumped out of hiding, but after taking in the scene before her, her eyes only locked with one person's.

"Happy birthday, Olive," Otto told her.

"I don't know what to say...," she trailed off.

"How about we have cake first?"

Olive couldn't help but smile from her partner's obvious love of food. "Let's go."

Everyone cheered as they had her stand in front of a cake in the shape of a basketball, which had the number of red candles on it as her age. She ended up blowing the flames all out in one breath, causing the cheering to start up again.

It wasn't long before they were all full of cake and even ice cream, and it was time for Olive to open presents. She appreciated all of the gifts, tickets to see the Bears basketball team play, a specialized sports jersey, a brand new soccer ball, but it wasn't until it was Otto's turn that the present was totally different.

"Happy birthday, Olive." He slightly smiled as he handed her the heavy package.

"Thanks, partner." She gave him a warm smile, before ripping the paper off carefully, revealing a beautiful orb inside. "It's a snowglobe." She lifted it up and out of the box, admiring the fake snow tumbling all around the water world. "I don't know what to say. Thanks, Otto." She used her free arm to give him a half hug, a lot of the agents secretly fangirling over the fact of how cute they were together.