Resolutions (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!"

Olympia was sharing a beautiful kiss not too long after with her partner. It seemed like a dream, especially when she awoke to her alarm clock playing a pop tune. She turned off the sound on her phone, snuggling her face against her pillow again. She sighed in contentment as she closed her eyes with a gigantic smile on her face. That hadn't really just been a figment of her imagination, but a past memory of last year, or this year, really. There was still a week left before December was officially over. She slowly got off of her mattress, wasting no time in looking extra cute that day. Ever since Otis and her had become a couple, she wanted to dash on a bit of makeup and curl her hair for her ponytail. She knew she didn't have to change a single thing about herself for him, but it made her feel good to take extra time on her appearance. As soon as she arrived at headquarters, she was practically glowing, and Otis matched her demeanor. They both met, sharing a soft kiss. They were both still in the honeymoon part of their relationship, even after a long 12 months that had somehow flown by without their realizing.

"You look beautiful, Olympia," he grinned. Goodness, how she loved his new, constant smile.

"Thank you, Otis." She gently kissed his cheek before bounding over to her desk. "So... I have some good news!"

"What is it," Otis wondered, situating his arms behind his back.

"I got a copy of Olive's New Year's resolution list! It's from the year where she was a countdown crook, but still. I want to do all of them this week!"

"But Olympia, aren't you worried that if you're obsessed with counting down the same will happen to you?"

"No... Why would I be? She only had one day. I have an entire week! I admire her so much, and it was one of the best days of my life when I asked Otto for the list." She was smiling so widely that her teeth were almost showing, as she gazed up at the ceiling in thought.

"Otto," echoed Otis, not too keen on how much she was gushing over another guy. He tried to keep his cool though. The last thing he needed was to get jealous...

"And he looked so good as a Mr. O! Not like I haven't seen him before, but never in his official uniform. It was awesome... I wish I could have seen Olive too, but she was talking to some agents. Apparently someone put too much soap in the clothes washer."

"This is Olive's list," Otis asked, changing the subject after Olympia handed him the long piece of paper.

"Yes," exclaimed his partner. "And I was hoping you might want to do some of them with me..."

"Olympia, a hot air balloon with a giraffee," asked Otis in disbelief.

"Hey, Baby Genius drinks giraffe milk. I'm sure he knows some giraffes," Olympia pointed out.

"Riding a bicycle on top of another bicycle?" It was clear that Otis was still shocked by the tasks.

"Yeah! And the best part is, I've already done most of them. I just got done learning the violin, and Spanish!"

Otis slowly nodded his head, studying the words before him.

"So... Are you coming on the hot air balloon ride," questioned Olympia.

When he slowly raised his head, the hopeful glint in her eye was enough for him to cave in. The corners of his mouth twitched upwards as he caved. "Yeah, sure."

"Yay!" His partner held her arms up excitedly right below her chin, before grabbing his arm. He was soon being dragged to the Odd Squad warehouse, and after a good chat with Baby Genius, they were off.