Imperfect New Year (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

Otis had never so anxious in his entire life. He had decided that Ocean was right, it was about time that he confessed his feelings to Olympia. The creature dude had found out about Otis's crush, when he overheard him mumbling to himself one day. Now Otis was working hard to check off every single thing on his to do list.

"Okay, so... number five, I need to get balloons. Olympia loves balloons," he muttered under his breath.

"Who doesn't love balloons?!"

"Ah!" Otis's list went flying when his partner scared him half to death.

"Sorry, Otis," Olympia apologized. She went to gather his piece of paper for him, but he made sure to grab it first. Before she had the chance to find out what was so important about his note...

"Olympia! Otis! In my office! Now," shouted Ms. O, leaning against the bar on her podium upstairs.

The two agents entered her office, ready to tackle any task she gave them.

"You wanted to see us, Ms. O," asked Olympia.

"There you two are. Something very odd has happened. The mayor has assigned me to do the official New Year's eve countdown again. It's a big deal," she emphasized with a hidden smile. "Also! I can't do it again, because there's a number hog. I have a feeling it has to do with a last minute New Year's resolution list again."

"What's a number hog," questioned Otis, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion. He tightened his arms behind his back, since Ms. O was already in a bad mood about the situation.

"A number hog is a rare condition, where someone is so obsessed with counting down, then no one else can!"

"We're on it Ms. O," Otis cut in before she became more upset.

"We won't let you down," added Olympia.

"Well, which is it? Are you on it, or are you not going to let me down," asked Ms. O.

"Both," the duo answered unsure.

"Then get out there, and solve that case," shouted Ms. O, even hitting her fist on her desk. They had never seen her yell this much before, since she had cut down significantly on being loud.

Otis and Olympia didn't have to be told twice, before they ran out of there.

"So... We know that the number hog is probably someone counting down," observed Olympia, but Otis was turned away from her. "Partner?"

He had been writing on the piece of paper against his pant leg, before turning to her. "Yeah?"

She sighed before saying, "Maybe we should check the squad, and see if anyone's doing any New Year's resolutions."

"Good thinking, partner," Otis agreed with a single nod.

They split up, so that it would go faster.

"New Year's resolutions? I forgot I even had a list," Ohlm admitted when Otis interrogated him.

Otis sighed some in annoyance, that he wasn't the culprit. "That's okay."

That had been the tenth person he had asked, and soon he met up with his partner, after hiding to complete more things on his list.

"I didn't find anyone, partner, and I asked five people," Olympia pointed out.

"Me either, and I asked ten," he replied.

"Wait, how did you do that so fast," she wondered.

"I don't talk much." His curt response was followed by him sneaking a peek at his piece of paper.