Living in the Moment (Olive x O'Donahue)

(Olive x O'Donahue)

"No, anything but that," Olive pleaded.

Ms. O had just held up one of the many prototypes for the new Odd Squad uniform. They were thinking about changing the design, although it wouldn't be for awhile yet. Ms. O had mentioned something about a new fashion designer, Agent O'Q. Olive shook away the thought, since she was more concerned about the bright color before her.

"Ms. O, it's unprofessional, it's..." She was digging around for any words to prevent the shade from being used.

"Don't worry, I agree. It's a bit too... bright," Ms. O finally finished, scrunching her face up slightly.

Olive held her hand out for a moment as she agreed, "Exactly."

"Besides, I think after careful consideration, we've decided to go with this." Ms. O held up the garment next to her.

Olive made a "not bad face," while Otto had to cut in with, "Wait, isn't that the exact same uniform we have right now?"

"For now, but once O'Q's done with it, it will be our most innovative design yet. It might even replace gadgets." Ms. O sighed after admitting that last bit. "Well, at least I hope it doesn't. I like having our scientists around, even if... OSCAR!"

Oscar had just accidentally squirted water all the way from downstairs, through her office doors, and straight into her face. "Sorry, Ms. O," he called back.

Ms. O sighed as she rolled her eyes slightly. "Anyway, thanks for your input, agents. I will report our decision back to O'Q."

"No problem, Ms. O," Olive spoke, nodding seriously once, before the duo exited the office.

"What was wrong with that last color she showed? I kind of liked it," Otto confessed.

"I don't want to talk about it," Olive curtly said, just continuing to head to her desk.

Before Otto could say anything else, he was called from Owen for help with the Cake Room. Apparently, batter was flowing out of it for some strange reason, but Otto's gigantic grin said otherwise. "Cake!" His voice got higher as it almost cracked from his excitement. He ran at the speed of light towards the hall of doors.

Olive shook her head with a faint, fond smile across her lips, as she moved a few red folders on her desk she was forced to sit down when she noticed an old picture. It was of her standing next to a smiling boy, and he was wearing that color, that one color that she hated, yet had kept it as her 9th favorite. Memories swirled up out of the turquoise as she remembered everything.

"You may take your 20 minute break," called out Obfusco. It was one of the only non-confusing things he had said, since their training had begun. Olive felt frustrated as she wandered off by herself on the grounds. She was getting tired of their instructor telling her that Todd was so good at everything. Todd didn't even need bars on the monkey bars, you should be more like him... She felt like screaming from all of the mentions of how "perfect" he was. Because of her distracted thoughts, she almost didn't see the person she almost ran into.

"Sorry," she rapidly apologized.

"No, it was my fault. I should have been paying more attention where I was going."

She couldn't help but look up, almost jumping back from shock. The person was a boy with dark, short hair and a beard? "Uh...," she trailed off, unsure of how to react.