At Least (Opa x Otis)

A/N: This is a one shot that I wrote awhile back like in June. I decided to post it now though. I hope you like it, and there's also an author's note at the end too. <3

(Opa x Otis)

Otis was casually walking to the File Room, ready to turn in all of his paperwork. This time around he had completed it all on time, and Olympia was relieved, since they had almost lost an award the previous time. He had just arrived to his destination, glad that a certain girl with multiple ponytails in her blonde hair wasn't behind the desk.

"AH!" He jumped back in total shock, as the familiar face stared back at him cluelessly.

"Hi, I'm Opa," she greeted with a warm smile. Her blue eyes seemed to sparkle more than before, but he knew not to trust her.

"Orson... I thought we settled this last time," he spoke seriously.

She made a face as she jerked her head back slightly. "What? Do you mean like the baby agent?"

"Don't act like you don't know," Otis intervened, whipping out the gadget to settle this once and for all.

"Ooh, what gadget is that," she wondered, but she had just been zapped with the jet of blue light. "Ow. That hurt." A frown was now etched across her face from how he was treating her.

Otis quickly looked from her down to the device in his hands, figuring it must be broken or something. "You can't be real. I mean, Olympia's never even seen you in here before, and she knows practically everyone," he emphasized.

"Who's Olympia," the girl asked cluelessly.

"My partner. You should know this, Orson," he spoke.

"I'm not Orson," she said slightly in between gritted teeth. She then recomposed herself. "I am Agent Opa. I just worked in the night shift before."

Otis's shoulders relaxed slightly, but he was still on guard.

"I don't understand why you're being so mean to me," she admitted.

"Guess," he almost hissed. That's what she kept saying to him during their last encounter.

All she did though was appear puzzled again. "What's your name?" She figured changing the subject was the best option at this point.

"The name's Otis," he confirmed, situating his arms behind his back.

"Well, Otis, can I have your paperwork, please," she requested kindly. He reluctantly handed it over, but she didn't tell him anything was wrong with it like last time.

"Green light means you're good to go," she informed him, but he lingered just in case she changed her mind.

She awkwardly sat there until he eventually left, him shuddering from seeing that familiar face again.

Weeks had passed, and Ms. O gave Otis the assignment of helping a new agent learn the best way to ride in the tubes. Apparently they had passed their test, but just hated dealing with the type of transportation.

"AH!"

The girl jerked her head back with widened eyes in shock. He still hadn't gotten over his problem with her?

"So, you're the one that's supposed to help me with the tubes," she noted, him just staring at her with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Otis." She laughed slightly, breaking him out of his trance.

"Sorry," he muttered to the ground at first. Even after he lifted is head he avoided directly looking at her. "What seems to be the problem?"

"Whenever I ride in the tubes, I get a really funny feeling like on a rollercoaster. It sucks. I've never liked roller coasters," she shared.

"No problem. Just hold your breath," he advised.

"Really? That's it?" Surprise was interlaced in her voice.

"Yeah," he confirmed.

"Well, Ms. O said she wanted you to ride in the tubes with me...," she trailed off awkwardly.

She stepped into one of the entrances, while he got in the other.

"No, she meant together..." Opa hated to request this, but it was her boss's orders.

Otis sighed as he trudged over to the tube she was in. "Fine."

Soon they were being squished into a red pod, and soaring through the depths of the Earth.

"Remember what I told you. Now, try holding your breath mostly where the drops are. There's one up ahead." He nodded to the passage before them, Opa squeezing her eyes tightly shut as she felt herself hurtling nearer to the slope. At the last minute she inhaled a deep breath, and it was astonishing how she felt no odd tickling in her stomach.

Otis coached her through the entire ride, and soon they were stumbling out of the tube entrance behind a tree. Somehow Otis had gotten out first, and she ran into him, since she wasn't experienced in a graceful exit.

In the next moment they were tumbling towards the ground together, her on top of him and blushing furiously.

"I'm so sorry, Otis," she shot out, going to push herself up. She managed to roll beside him, but her ankle hurt so bad.

"Are you okay," he slowly asked, sitting up and brushing the grass off of his suit jacket.

Opa shook her head on the verge of crying. She couldn't even look up at the boy who hated her, yet when she looked down it was almost worse to see her growing ankle.

"Ow," she breathed when a pair of cautious hands touched her ankle.

"It looks like you might have broken it. Either that, or it's a really bad sprain," Otis observed.

For the first time since they met he looked up, and directly into her blue eyes, that were filled with an ocean of tears at the moment. One delicately rolled down her cheek, and he pursed his lips together as he finally saw how genuine she was.

"I'm sorry, Opa. The only reason why I've been so rude to you, is because Agent Orson pretended to be you to steal the Agents of the Month award once," he confided.

She slowly nodded her head, cracking the weakest smile she could muster. "Hey, it's okay. I wouldn't like me much either if I did that..."

"Come here..." He then slightly laughed when he realized she literally couldn't, because of her injury, so he scooted next to her instead.

"Let's start over. The name's Otis. I am an agent who works at Odd Squad." He sounded so serious before sticking out his hand.

She smiled a tiny bit as she grasped it. "Hi, I'm Opa."

She held her breath as he gently tucked a thin ponytail behind her ear, that had flopped in front of her face, but in an instant the moment was over.

"We need to get you back to headquarters," he pointed out.

"But how," she wondered, gazing up at him after he stood.

"Don't worry, I've got this." She giggled slightly as he cradled her into his arms bridal style, her own arms around his neck. She leaned her head against his chest, her ear being met with his steady heartbeat. "Let's get back to headquarters."

She barely nodded, but as they rode through the tubes, her cheeks became flushed. She was currently with her newest crush. It would take time for Otis to erase the image of Orson out of his mind, but for now he at least cared, and that's all that really mattered.

A/N: I know this might be kind of a weird idea, but I found it cute. (X I've actually been thinking for a long time about if Opa possibly could have been a real agent. I figured that Orson would have to get the face from somewhere, since he was hit with the Unmask-inator, and another Orson even pretended to be Ms. O. I hope this idea isn't too weird. (X Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you liked it. Thanks! <3