This Town (Otis x Oona)

(Otis x Oona)

"Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there

The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air

It's hard

Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round

It's funny how things never change in this old town

So far from the stars"

Otis felt as though he was going to lose his mind. Not only had he just had a vivid dream about Oona and him cuddling together underneath the stars, but at one time, it was a reality.

"And I want to tell you everything

The words I never got to say the first time around

And I remember everything

From when we were the children playing in this fairground

Wish I was there with you now"

He forced himself to roll out of bed, not even caring that his hair resembled a messy lion's mane, as he looked into the bathroom mirror. His heart jumped to his throat as a small, internal voice said, "You know where to find her."

Would today finally be when he would seize the opportunity to visit the local, Odd Squad pub? It was a bar that was for kids only, and they served juice boxes of any flavor. On its grand opening, Ms. O had been the one to proudly cut the red ribbon, and they hadn't seen her again for months. She literally worked from that building as she drank an endless supply of juice boxes. She claimed the atmosphere was different than in her office, and despite her special drinks there, at the club she was able to hang out with old colleagues quite a bit. Otis had gotten the impression that it was less of a juice addiction, and more of reconnecting with an old flame, O'Donahue. Maybe he would be just as lucky as her, and be able to finally mend things with a certain, beautiful scientist...

The air felt musty as he entered the building with low lighting, some fake, white smoke around for a special, eerie effect. Everything was going fine. He had just ordered a grape flavor, and he was casually leaning against the counter that wrapped around the area where the bartenders did their work. He almost choked when he spotted a familiar figure, and he could feel his legs already shaking as he managed to stand. He was only a few feet away when...

Suddenly a young man had slid into the seat next to her, carelessly draping his arm around her shoulders. He thought at first the guy was hitting on her, but then he realized that Oona was smiling, her eyes sparkling as though she had known this person for awhile. Otis nearly tripped over nothing, when it dawned on him that it was actually a boy with dark brown hair and a starch white streak through it. She had fallen for Odd Todd?! Well, Gardener Todd now, but still!

"I saw that you moved on with someone new

In the pub that we went on dates to, and he's got his arm around you

It's so hard

So hard"

Otis could sense the nausea, that had just appeared when he saw Todd moving with Oona on the dance floor. Dancing had been their special thing...

"If the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you

Drive highways and byways to be there with you