Why (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"That is so like you...," Olympia trailed off.

"What do you mean," wondered Otis as they carried the small, shrunken sphere.

"It's like you and gum. One minute you hate gum, the next you like it. You're a flip flopper," she stated.

"Are we seriously bringing that up again now?" Otis was frustrated, since they had been working hard on that case all day.

"Yes! I said that we should take a rocket to finish this mission, and you agreed with me, until we talked to Oona more about the ladder option!" Olympia wasn't the most calm person that day either.

"At least I don't always have to have the last word." He was now climbing up the ladder with a red frame, and metal rungs right behind her.

"I don't do that," she argued.

"You just did." Their fight continued all the way through the trees, blue sky and clouds, outer part of the atmosphere, and up until they reached their starry destination. Oona had hit them with a gadget earlier that allowed them to be able to breathe without oxygen.

"No, you..." Olympia didn't finish her statement though as she looked down, one of her sneakers slipping on the step it was on.

"Olympia!" Otis instantly wrapped his arms around her, keeping her from plummeting back down to Earth. "Do you want me to do this?" His heart was practically beating out of his ribcage for fear of her getting hurt.

"No... I've got this," she claimed, Otis carefully handing her the orb.

Soon she had held it up to the correct spot in the universe, Otis zapping it with the Grow-Inator. The moon was now glowing upon their home planet once again. Otis was carefully still keeping his hands close to Olympia though, making sure that she didn't fall.

"We did it." Olympia grinned at him, awkwardly holding her hand back to him for a high five.

"Maybe we should high five when we get back on the ground." He almost looked at her as though she were crazy, after the scare earlier.

"Oh yeah... We better report back to Ms. O, to let her know we put the moon back and all," Olympia added.

Her partner nodded seriously, and after quite awhile later, they were just leaving headquarters to celebrate their victory.

Otis had agreed with Olympia that ice cream was the best option.

"I'll have a pistachio," Otis stated in a serious tone. "Do you want bubble gum flavored ice cream?" He had turned to Olympia, almost smirking since he was aware that was her favorite flavor.

"Yes, please," she gushed with a wide smile.

Otis paid for both of them before they sat on the small, cute round table in the ice cream shop.

Olympia couldn't help but notice that Otis kept sort of staring at her ice cream.

"Do you want to try it?" She grinned at him, hoping that the answer would be, yes.

"Sure." He nodded to her.

"Really?" She was in complete shock.

"Yeah," he claimed. "It's the least I could do after almost making you fall earlier."

"Otis, it was my fault I almost fell. Besides, you don't have to do anything special for me," she urged.

"I don't ask for you to change, baby no no no