Chapter 155

Juice was leaning back against the headboard, watching TV with Shawn against his chest. He could tell she was falling asleep and had turned off the bedside lamp, leaving the room only illuminated by the light of the TV.

He had silently wished he had done worse to Carla when he walked into the room earlier and saw the state Shawn was in. She had fallen back into the quiet, numb feeling she had been in the day before. She had been getting better since then and that dumb whore ruined all the healing Shawn had already done.

Juice's cell phone began to ring in his pocket and he swore under his breath. He didn't want to wake Shawn, but as she lifted her head, he realized it was too late. He pulled it out and saw Bobby's number on the screen.

"It's just Bobby. I'll see what he wants out in the hall, okay? Go back to sleep," Juice said as he began to sit up.

"No, stay, please?" Shawn asked.

Juice nodded and leaned back against the headboard. Shawn laid back down and he answered.

Shawn could just barely hear Bobby's voice on the other end of the line as he talked to Juice, but she couldn't make out the words. Juice didn't say much, but his heavy, sad sounding sigh caught her attention. She sat all the way up to look at him. Juice had his eyes closed and reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose. He said a few words to Bobby before hanging up and looking at Shawn.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"Well," Juice said hesitantly. "We can go home."

Shawn closed her eyes for a moment a took a deep breath, bracing herself for the rest. She knew she had to stay calm, no matter what Juice was about to tell her.

"Tig?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"No," Juice told her. Shawn looked at him confused. "Ope."

"What?" Shawn asked in shock. "W-why? How?"

"I don't know. Bobby didn't have all the details," Juice said and then looked down as it really hit him. Opie was gone.

"Oh my God," she whispered. "Poor Lyla. Jesus, his poor kids."

"I know," Juice's voice broke. He looked at her with tears in his eyes. Shawn reached for him. He rested his forehead against her's as they held each other. Juice tried to stay strong for her, while Shawn was trying to stay strong for their baby.

"I wanna go home," Shawn said quietly.

"Me, too. I'll get our stuff together. You just sit," Juice said and stood from the bed. He threw their things into his backpack and suddenly stopped. "Shit. I have the bike. Your car is at the house. You'll have to wait here until I go home and get it."

"I'll ride on the Dyna. It'll be fine just this once. I don't want to be here another minute."

Juice considered it for minute before giving in and nodding. Shawn slipped on her shoes, not caring that she about what she was wearing and followed Juice out of the room and downstairs to the parking lot. Neither Nero or Gemma were around, but they passed Carla on their way out. She barely glanced their way before going back to what she was doing.

He handed her the backpack, she would have to wear it since she was riding behind him, and the put the helmet on for her.

"Where's yours?" Shawn asked when he got on without a helmet.

"I only have to one right now. It's fine for just this once. I don't want to be here another minute, either." Shawn hesitantly got on. She didn't like the idea of Juice being on the bike without his helmet. "It's fine. Really. C'mon."