Chapter 135

"Wake up," Juice whispered in Shawn's ear, but was careful not to touch her. She had an issue with touching while she was asleep now and he didn't want to scare her.

"Mmm, don't want to," Shawn complained.

"C'mon, I want to get there early."

"Get where?"

"Yosemite," Juice told her. Shawn rolled over to look at him. "I got a couple of days. Thought we should get out of here."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

Shawn smiled. "Okay."

Shawn got out of bed and showered first as Juice packed a bag for himself. He had wanted to ask if he could join her, but he knew she'd say yes whether she was ready for that or not. Juice knew he had to wait for her to make the first move towards intimacy.

He showered next as Shawn got ready and then also packed. She noticed that Juice set out two bags, so she assumed he planned on driving her car there. Once Juice was dressed, they ate a quick breakfast and left for Yosemite. Shawn had been right about them taking her car and let Juice drive.

"You've been driving my car a lot recently," Shawn pointed out.

"That okay?" Juice laughed.

"Yeah. It's a little weird to see you behind the wheel of a car, that's all."

"Get used to it. Once little Juice is here, we'll need to take the car if we're going somewhere with him."

"It could be a girl, you know."

Juice suddenly looked serious. "I need a gun."

"You have a gun," Shawn pointed out.

"I need a bigger gun," Juice replied and Shawn laughed. "I have to keep the boys away somehow."

"She's going to grow up with not one, but two Teller boys. I think she'll be okay."

"If they're anything like their father, then they're the reason I need the gun."

Shawn laughed more. "I'm so telling Jax you just said that!"

"He'll probably agree with me."

"Proudly," Shawn agreed.

The rest of the drive went just like that. They talked and made each other laugh. It was easier for Shawn to forget that anything bad had ever happened when she was alone with him. Juice managed to find the same restaurant they ate at the first time they went to Yosemite together for them to eat lunch at. Then they arrived at the same hotel they stayed at the last time they'd been there and checked in.

"You feeling sentimental?" Shawn asked Juice as they stepped into the hotel elevator.

He shrugged. "Maybe a little. You like it?"

"Yeah, I love it."

"I couldn't get the same room. It was booked."

"You tried?" She asked, surprised.

"Yeah," Juice answered.

She turned her body towards him and pulled him to her. Shawn didn't let go of him as she pressed her lips to his. Juice gently rested his hands on her waist as he returned the kiss. The ding of the elevator as they arrived at their floor ended their kiss. They pulled away, but lingered close together as the doors opened.

"Been awhile since you kissed me like that," Juice told her.

"I'm s-"

"Don't even say it," Juice told her lightly. "It was great."