Chapter 176

A couple of days later, Shawn was released from the hospital. She and Juice stayed the rest of the day there with Ally after her release and went home that night. He could tell she was sad to be going home without Ally, since he was to, but he also knew taking a shower as her own house and sleeping in their bed would do her a world of good.

She showered alone as Juice unpacked her hospital bag and threw her clothing into the washing machine for her. As he climbed up the stairs, he saw she had opened the bathroom door when she was done showering. Shawn was standing in front of the mirror, towel drying her hair with only her silk robe on.

"Damn," he said as he leaned against the doorway. "Did you just have a baby? I can't tell. You are way too hot to be someone's mom."

She turned to look at him with narrowed eyes, but a small smile played on her lips. "I think we need to go back to St. Thomas. You've clearly gone blind."

Shawn playfully tossed the towel she had been using on her hair at him. Juice caught it and dropped it on the floor before taking a step forward and pulling her into him by her wrist. He kissed her passionately. Shawn kissed him back for a few moments, but eventually began to pull away. Juice didn't let this deter him, though. He moved his kisses away from her lips and across her jawline and then down to her neck.

"Juice," Shawn stepped back as he started to slip his hands into the front of her robe, "I can't have sex. Remember?"

"I'm not looking for sex," he told her as his mouth still hovered over hers.

"And I'm too tired for any other activities."

"I don't need you to do anything. Just let me appreciate my wife for a minute."

"Okay," Shawn nodded and smiled.

He wrapped an arm around her waist to pull her close, again. Juice kissed her deeply one more time, then rested his forehead against hers as he gently touch her stomach.

"You ever going to let me see it?"

"What? My incision?"

"Yeah. You've been trying to hide it this entire time."

"You can see it once eventually. Just let it heal a bit first."

"Why?"

"I don't know. So I don't look like something out of a horror movie?"

Juice scoffed. "You could never."

"Fine, then you can see it once I'm not also wearing what basically equates to a diaper. Seriously, this shit they gave me is like granny panties on steroids. Now, can I go to bed, please? I'm tired."

"Fine," Juice relented and let her pass. He pulled his shirt over his head to get ready for his own shower. "Hey, you know you've seen me in an actual diaper, right?"

"I do know that. It's a very fond memory," Shawn laughed. She peaked her head out of their bedroom to look into the bathroom. "It's not the same thing. Trust me."

Juice sighed as her head disappeared, again. He finished undressing and took his shower. When he was done, he went into their bedroom with just a towel around his waist.

Shawn whistled. "You are way too hot to be someone's dad."

"Okay, okay. Quit making fun of me."

"No seriously. I'm going to have to beat all Ally's little friends away with a stick."

Juice just shook his head as he laughed. He got dressed and collapsed on the bed next to her.

"Do you really want to see it?" Shawn asked him. Juice nodded. She lifted her shirt and lowered her pajama pants for Juice to see the incision across her lower abdomen. He reached over and gently touched the skin around it. "My entire stomach looks like a train wreck."