Chapter 144

Juice came home a little while after Gemma left. V-lin jumped up from the couch and went to talk to Juice near the back door. Shawn followed him, but stopped in the doorway and leaned against it. She watched as they talked for a moment before Juice gave V-lin a pat on the back as he left. Juice finally looked at Shawn.

"How pissed are you that I asked him to stay here?" Juice asked.

"I'm not. I sort of was last night, but I was also too tired to care. He wasn't too bad, so it's okay."

"Does that mean if I ask him to keep an eye on things here again, you're not going to give me a hard time?"

"Nah, I get it," Shawn said. "Besides, I think we bonded."

Juice smiled. "Really?"

"Yeah. I might have a thing for prospects actually."

His smile faded and he narrowed his eyes. Shawn smirked back at him. Juice stepped towards her and lifted her up. "Guess I'll have to remind you of why you have a thing for me."

Shawn laughed at they kissed. Juice walked over to the couch and laid her down before laying on top of her. They kissed passionately before a voice behind them interrupted them.

"S-sorry," V-lin said. Instead of jumping up so he wouldn't see what they were doing, Juice stayed on top of Shawn, only turning his head to look at him.

"Seriously?" Juice asked.

"I got out to my bike and realized I couldn't find my phone. I think it fell out of my pocket while I was..."

"What? While you were what?" Juice asked impatiently.

"Sitting on the couch," V-lin finished.

"Of course," Juice said and stood from the couch. He helped Shawn up and she walked through the dining room into the kitchen. He watched V-lin search through couch cushions until he found his phone. He held it up to show Juice and Juice, in return, motioned with his head for V-lin to get the hell out.

Once he walked out the back door, again, Juice shut the door forcefully and locked the deadbolt. He looked at Shawn, who looked amused.

"Still want him keeping on eye on me?" she asked.

"Maybe next time I'll ask Phil or Rat," he replied as he rounded the kitchen island to get closer to her. He was hoping they were going to pick up where they left off.

"How's Clay?"

"He got out of surgery. It went well, but it could still go either way I guess."

"Damn. I tried telling Gemma we could postpone the wedding, but she wasn't having it."

"Are we talking now? Because I thought we were doing something else," Juice said, still hopeful.

"We're talking now," Shawn confirmed. Juice groaned and sat on one of the stools.

"In that case, where'd you go last night? V-lin said you weren't here when he got here."

"Opie called and asked for a ride," Shawn explained before thinking better of it. She wasn't sure how much of the situation Opie had been talking about when he said Juice didn't need to know.

"Why'd he need a ride?"

"He hurt his hand and needed a ride from that Emergency Care Unit. He didn't really want to talk about it," Shawn told him. "Gemma was here earlier. She gave you homework, by the way."

She slid the bag with cake samples in it towards him. "What is it?"

"Cake. You have to pick one."