Chapter 27

Shawn pulled into Teller Morrow Automotive the next morning and parked her car in a spot. She got out and headed for the garage. Juice saw her coming and walked out to meet her.

"Where is everybody?" Shawn asked him when they were close.

"It's just me, Sack, Wade, and Lowell in the garage right now. Gemma's in the office. The rest of the guys are either in the clubhouse or not here, yet."

"You sure you want to do this?"

"What? Change your oil?"

"Let them see us together."

Juice shrugged. "We're just talking. You can go sit with Gemma, though, if you're having doubts."

"I'm not. Promise."

"Ok then. Keys?" Shawn gave him a puzzled look. "I need to pull your car in the garage."

"Oh. Right. That is why I'm here, huh?"

Shawn placed her keys in the palm of his hand and walked over to the garage to wait for him. She walked in and immediately saw Lowell.

"Hey, Lowell, how ya doing?" She asked him. Lowell had a drug problem and was trying to get clean, but relapsed often.

"Doing real good, Shawn. Been clean three months now."

Juice pulled her car in and parked it.

"Hey, that's great! Keep it that way. Tell Moby I said hi. I miss him."

"He misses you, too. Still in love with you."

Shawn laughed and walked over to join Juice by her car. He raised an eyebrow at Shawn.

"Moby?"

"That's Lowell's kid. He's like 6."

"Oh, thought I might have something to worry about," he said quietly.

"You still might. Moby's pretty damn cute."

"You should probably go say hi to Gemma. It might look weird if you didn't."

"Ok, be right back."

Shawn went into the office and Half-Sack walked over to Juice.

"Dude, is it just me or is Tig's kid seriously sexy? You know what I'd like to do to her?" Juice turned away from Shawn's car to face Sack and glared at him. "Oh, shit, man. Sorry. You two a thing or something?"

"No," Juice denied it. "But that's still Tig's kid. Show some respect. You shouldn't talk about a member's daughter like that."

Juice realized his own hypocrisy and turned away from Sack, hoping that would end the conversation. Shawn came out from the office with a piece of paper in her hand.

"Hey..." Shawn said to Sack, her voice trailing off.

"Half-Sack," he reminded her.

"Yea, I know. I just can't call you that."

"My real name is Kip," he suggested.

"Ok, Kip. Gemma gave me the repo list to give to you. She said to take one of the other guys with you."

"Ok, thanks," he said and took the paper before walking out of the garage with Wade.

Shawn turned back to Juice, who's face looked intense.

"Everything ok?"

"Yea, he just... he said some shit. Pissed me off."

"About what? Me?" Juice nodded. "Does he not like me?"

"That's not it. He likes you too much. He wants to Prospect. We're supposed to vote on it tonight. Maybe I should say no," Juice suggested.

"Don't be like that," She wanted to ask what Kip had said, but thought she'd better drop it so Juice could calm down.

"There's a stool over there if you want to sit while I do this."

They made small talk as he worked. There was a radio playing near them and Shawn kicked her foot along with the music. A different song came on and Juice stepped over to change the station.

"You don't like that song?" Shawn asked.

"It's alright. Marilyn Manson just gives me the creeps."

Shawn laughed and looked over to the clubhouse as a few of the guys were leaving. Tig saw her and headed over.

"Hey, doll. Everything ok with the car?" He asked Shawn when he got close enough.

"Yea, just an oil change."

Tig nodded. "Juice, why don't you rotate her tires for her, too?"

"I'm sure he has other stuff to get to, Dad."

"Nah, it's fine, I'll do it. I noticed you need a front end alignment when I was pulling it in, too."

"Take care of it, Juice. I'll talk to you later, Shawnie," Tig said and went for his bike. When the guys all left on their bikes, Shawn looked back at Juice.

"Do I really need an alignment?"

Juice shrugged. "Couldn't hurt. What time do you have to be at Cara Cara?"

"I don't. I took the day off."

"Luanne's ok with that?"

"Yea, I don't do it often."

"Well, in that case, you might be getting new brake pads, too."

"You trying to keep me around, Ortiz?"

Juice looked up to see what Lowell was doing. He wasn't paying attention to them and was on the other side of the garage.

"You got a problem with that?"

Shawn smiled. "Nope."