Chapter 101

The next morning, Shawn's ringing phone woke her and Juice. Juice grabbed it off the nightstand and looked at the screen.

"It's Tig," he told her as he handed her the phone. Shawn took it from him without moving from her position in his bed. She was too comfortable on her stomach using his arm as a pillow.

"Hey, Dad," Shawn answered her phone. Her tired voice made Juice smile. He turned slightly so he could trace figure 8s on her bare back.

"Hey, doll. What are you doing?" Tig asked her.

"Sleeping," she answered him deadpanned.

"Alone?"

"Sure," she answered sarcastically. She realized that Juice must be able to hear what Tig was saying because the movement of his fingers on her back froze.

"Wait, what?"

"I'm kidding. What do you want? It's early."

"You mind stopping by the clubhouse on your way to work?"

"That's fine. Why, though?"

"Just wanted to fill you in on some stuff. Let you know what's going on."

"Yeah, okay. I'll be there a little later then." After she hung up, Juice kissed her shoulder.

"You trying to give me a heart attack?"

"I'm not awake, yet. I can't be held responsible for anything I say." Juice chuckled and continued kissing her shoulder as he rolled on top of her.

"So, since we're already up and I'm leaving for Belfast today...?"

"I'm going back to sleep. You can do what you want," Shawn told him. Juice sighed and flopped onto his back. "What? I said do what you want."

"Necrophilia isn't really my thing," Juice explained. Shawn snuggled closer to him and kissed his chest.

"Then I guess you better wake me up, huh?"

* * *

Juice quickly showered and got dressed after Shawn left. He knew she still had to get ready for work at her place and figured he could get to the clubhouse first. As he parked in Dyna in the lot at TM, he looked around and didn't see her car anywhere. He headed inside the clubhouse and sat down at the bar next to Chibs. The new prospect, Miles was there and poured Juice a cup of coffee. He picked it up and took a sip while looking around. Opie and Lyla were off the the side of the bar talking and Clay and Tig were in the chapel. Miles walked away and Chibs spoke to Juice quietly.

"I hear Tig called Shawn this morning. Asked her to come in," Chibs said casually.

"Oh, yeah?" Juice said with a smirk.

"Yeah. Prospects just know Tig's kid, Shawn, is coming they don't know that she is a she. So, play along."

"Didn't you once try to pull this prank on me?"

"Yeah," Chibs admitted. "It wasn't nearly as fun then. You were too scared to talk to her."

"I was not," Juice said sourly.

"We've done this before. She'll know we're just screwing around." Juice noticed Shawn's car pulling in on the screen in the bar. He felt nervous, but wasn't sure why. Probably because the memory of Jax trying to kiss her was still fresh in his mind and he didn't know what he'd do if one of the prospects hit on her. Another prospect, Shepard, came out of the back room just then. Chibs waved him over and motioned to the screen.

"Look at her walking in," Chibs told Shepard.

"Damn," Shepard said. "Who's that? Cro Eater?"

"Why don't see what she needs?" Chibs said.