Chapter 127

Juice pulled up to Oswald's guard shack not far from the warehouse they were renting off him to store guns. He had borrowed a flash drive from the guard there to go over to security camera footage in an effort to see who could have stolen the brick of cocaine, however the only people on camera were the Mayan who had stayed to help guard the drugs, along with their own Prospects. Miles had shown up a little later that night to do a walk through, but there was nothing after that.

After giving back the flash drive, Juice stepped out of the guard shack and decided to walk across the field to the warehouse. It was a nice day and he decided to enjoy it, even if it was only for a minute. He got to the edge of the field and climbed over a fence as Miles stepped out from some trees.

"Hey," Juice called to him.

"Hey," Miles greeted him back. "What are you doing out here?"

"Cutting through from the guard house. What are you..." Juice said as he looked down to see the missing brick of coke sticking out from Miles' cut. "Ah, shit. You took it?"

Miles suddenly pulled a gun and pointed it at Juice.

"Easy, man. I'm not carrying," Juice told him.

"Shit, Juice. You got to let me explain."

"Sure, no problem. Let's just go back to the warehouse and talk about it."

"No way," Miles told him and pulled the coke out. "You want it? Then, here."

Miles threw the brick into Juice's face distracting him as he tried to run off. Juice recovered and moved to tackle Miles, but in their struggle, Miles' gun went off, hitting Juice in the thigh. Juice cried out in pain and fell to the ground, taking Miles with him.

Miles got up and began looking around wildly. Juice looked and saw that Miles had dropped the gun, which was now laying only a few feet away from him. Juice moved to grab it, but Miles saw and hit Juice's bullet wound. He yelled in pain, again, but still kept reaching for the gun. Miles pulled a knife from his belt and raised it above his head as Juice's fingers wrapped the stock of the gun. He turned quickly and pulled the trigger right into Miles' face. Miles fell backwards. Once Juice was sure he was dead, he collapsed onto the ground to catch his breath.

"Miles!" Juice heard Chibs yelling. He sat up and tried to stand, but the bullet hole in his thigh made it difficult. Chibs passed the tree line with Happy not far behind and spotted Juice. "Juicy? You alright?"

"What the hell happened?" Happy asked.

"I was cutting over from the guard house. I saw him coming out of the trees. He had the blow hanging out of his cut. He saw me and freaked out. Tried to kill me," Juice explained the best he could.

Chibs helped Juice stand as Happy grabbed Miles' gun and shot Miles three more times.

"Lying bitch," Happy said.

"Did you get him?" Chibs asked Happy sarcastically and helped Juice get back over to the warehouse.

Jax, Opie, and Clay had all arrived at the warehouse, again, and Chibs explained to them what had happened before putting Juice into the back of the van. Juice tried to relax as he waited for Chibs to get done with the Cartel. He pulled his wallet out and noticed there was some blood on his hands. He wiped his hands on his pants and then opened his wallet to look at the pictures of him and Shawn. Juice wasn't sure how long he'd been staring at her face, thankful to be able to see it, again, but when Chibs opened the door to the van Juice noticed the sun was setting.

"Let's go, Juicy boy," Chibs said. "Rat Boy picked up the tow truck so we can get your bike home. Tara is picking up Shawn from TM and meeting us at Jax's."