Chapter 100

Juice knocked on the backdoor later that night. He hadn't texted Shawn to let her know he was coming like he normally did. When she opened the door, she saw why.

"Oh, my God. What happened?" She asked him, stunned by his beaten face.He entered the house and she closed the door after him. He walked over to her fridge and took a frozen bag of vegetables out of her freezer.

"Rough day," he said as he sat down and placed the bag on his cheek. Shawn looked him over while he wasn't looking and realized he wasn't wearing his cut. She felt panic. Had he told Tig? Did they strip his patch because of her?

"Do you want to talk about it?" Shawn asked uneasily.

"I got jumped by another MC," he explained in a tone that told her that he did not want to talk about it. She walked over and hugged his back while resting her cheek on his shoulder. He reached one hand down to rub her arm. "I'm alright, babe. My ego is more bruised than my face."

"I thought maybe Tig did that to you," Shawn admitted.

"When that day comes, I'll warn you first," Juice said with a chuckle. Then he turned in his seat to face her. "I got something to tell you. They're making us have a new bail hearing with the weapons charges."

"What's that mean?"

"We're supposed to go back inside tomorrow."Shawn felt like someone hit her in the stomach as the air left her lungs. Her eyes filled with tears and she rested her forehead against his.

"Wait, supposed to?"

"We know where Abel is. We're going to go get him and bring him home. We're trying to get the hearing pushed back, but if we can't, we'll be fugitives."

"Oh, shit... Where is Abel?"

"Belfast."

"Ireland?" She asked and he nodded. "Guess that makes sense. Irishman took him to Ireland."

"You're not mad that we're going to be evading arrest?"

"Of course not. I know you guys can't go back in until Abel is safe."

"You're an amazing girlfriend," Juice said and kissed her forehead. "If we don't get it pushed back, we'll have to hide out. So, this might be our last night together for awhile."

"Until you get back from Ireland?" Shawn asked hopefully with tears in her eyes, again.

"Or until we get out of jail."

"How long will you guys be inside?"

"I don't know. We're working on that. Hopefully only a year or two."

"Two years?" Shawn asked in shock as her tears finally spilled over onto her cheeks. Juice wiped away her tears.

"I'm so sorry, Shawn. I know we have a lot we need to talk about, but I just want to be here with you for tonight."

"Anything you want," Shawn told him. As much as she hurt over everything he had told her, she knew he had to be feeling worse.

"Let's go outside and smoke?" Juice asked and she agreed. They went outside and settled into a chair together. Juice pulled a joint out of his pocket and lit it. After taking a puff, he handed it to her. She took it and held it for a moment.

"I love you, Juice."

Now, Juice's eyes watered. He pulled her closer to him. "I know. I love you, too."

Shawn could hear the tightness in his throat as he spoke through his tears. She looked up at him.

"Hey," she said gently. "Everything's going to be okay. The guys will be with you. They're not going to let you get hurt, again. They love you."