Chapter 7

The party was winding down and Juice headed into his dorm. He was relieved to see none of the other guys decided to borrow his bed to use with a sweet butt. That was one of the risks that came with living in the clubhouse. Juice had gotten an apartment in Oakland when he first arrived in California, but it had been a real shithole. It didn't help that he had left Queens with practically nothing, so the place was empty except a couple pieces of cheap furniture he had been able to afford.

It wasn't long before he met Jax and started hanging around with the club. From the first dinner Gemma hosted, Juice was sold. The club was like the family he had never had. Juice told Jax he wanted to prospect and Jax offered him the dorm room. Jax had made it seem like it was for the club's benefit, so Juice would be closer, but Juice knew Jax was doing him a favor getting him out of that gross place.

Juice headed into the bathroom attached to the room and turned on the shower. He pulled his shirt over his head and then took off the rest of his clothes. He got in and stood under the water. Juice was normally quick in the shower, but he was lost in his thoughts.

He couldn't get his mind off of Shawn. How intense her eyes looked when she was thinking. The way she laughed at his jokes. The way she bit her lip when she was nervous. How sexy she had looked when she was at Cara Cara, but still somehow looked better in her regular clothes. Juice shook his head as if that would erase his thoughts of her, but his brain wasn't an Etch A Sketch. When that didn't work, he reached over and shut off the hot water, allowing the cold water to snap him out of it.

After washing up quickly, Juice got out and got dressed. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, so he sat at his desk and turned on his laptop. There was a knock and then the door opened. Chibs poked his head in.

"'Ey, Juicy Boy. You still working?"

"Hey, man. Yea. Going to look into some stuff."

"Take a night off. Go get a sweet butt and relax."

"I'll relax once I get that Top Rocker."

Chibs smirked. "That a boy."

Chibs shut the door and Juice turned back to his laptop. He had a few things to look up for Clay, which didn't take long. He printed out the information and set the pages aside to show the club's President in the morning. Juice then checked the time on his phone. He really should get some sleep, but decided to do one more thing first.

Hacking into Charming PD's computer system wasn't nearly as hard as it should have been. Someone over there clearly didn't know what they were doing. Juice typed in a name.

Trager, Shawn.

He drummed on the desk for a moment before hitting the enter key. He knew it was wrong, that he was invading her privacy, but... There was no but. No good excuse for what he was doing. He had never had it quite this bad for a girl before and it was making him do questionable things.

The screen loaded and he saw Shawn's driver's license picture, as well as her home address. He recognized the street name. It was on the way to Gemma's. Her birthdate was there too. Juice noticed she was a few months older than him.

Juice looked over her information. He was surprised, though he probably shouldn't have been, to see she had an arrest record. He couldn't help but notice how skinny her face looked in a couple of her mugshots. Her arrests were mostly for drinking underage and once for wreckless driving. Every time she was arrested with Jax and Opie. Sometimes with Jax's ex that Shawn had mentioned, Tara. The one that really stuck out to him was an assault charge. She had to go to court for that one, but got off easy with a mandatory anger management class. Juice chalked that up to the club having an in with Charming's Chief of Police, Wayne Unser.

When there was nothing left on her record to read, Juice powered off his computer. Standing from his seat, he went over to the door and locked it before turning off the light. Juice had put his regular clothes back on after his shower, just in case the club needed him for something. Now, he took off his shirt and pants and climbed into his bed in just his boxers.

He laid there for awhile, suddenly wishing he had followed Chibs' advice and found a Cro Eater. At this rate, it was going to take another girl to get Shawn off his mind.