Chapter 161

Shawn was sitting at a small desk right inside the main door of Diosa, working on a spreadsheet on Nero's laptop. She hated doing office shit like this and was wishing all she had to do was deal with hookers. At least they were never boring.

The front door opened and Shawn glanced up to see Frankie walk in. He was a member of SAMCRO who had previously been a nomad, along with two others. Shawn wasn't sure she had ever actually spoken to him directly, but it looked like she had to now.

"Hey," she greeted him. "If you're looking for Jax, or any of the guys actually, no one's here right now."

"Oh yeah? Good," he said and pulled a gun from the waist of his pants to point at her. "Get in the back."

"Oh, shit."

"Now!"

Shawn stood and rounded the desk. She had to pass him in order to head to where he was motioning for her to go and being that close to him was making her skin crawl. The door to Nero's room opened and he stepped out.

"What's all the noise?" He asked, then saw the gun in Frankie's hand. "Wow, hey, now. Don't point that at her."

"Get in the back!" Frankie screamed at him.

"Sure, no problem. But first, point the gun at me, not her. C'mon, man. You don't want to hurt a pregnant woman."

Lyla came in from down the hall, also wondering what the yelling was for. Shawn silently cursed as Frankie moved the gun from her, over to Lyla.

"Fine, I'll point it at her instead. Now, move."

Frankie forced Nero sit in a chair, then pulled zip ties out of his pocket and made Shawn tie him to it. She tried to leave them loose, so maybe Nero could get out of them, but Frankie noticed and threatened Lyla if she didn't tighten them. She gave Nero an apologetic look before doing as she was told.

"Now sit on the couch and don't move," Frankie ordered Shawn. "You move at all, even an inch, and I blow her head off and put a round in your belly, got it?"

"Yeah, I got it," Shawn said and sat down.

Frankie pulled out his phone and dialed a number before putting it up to Nero's face. "Say everything I say."

Nero talked to someone, Shawn assumed Jax. When he hung up, Frankie didn't say much. He seemed nervous and agitated. They must be waiting for the guys to show up. After what must have been a half hour, but it felt much longer, they heard the front door open. Frankie grabbed Lyla and forced his gun into her mouth. Shawn shifted uneasily on the couch and Frankie saw her movement.

"Remember what I said?" He asked her and she nodded. "Don't move."

"Anyone home?" Shawn heard Bobby's voice from the lobby.

"Call them," Frankie ordered Nero.

"Back here," Nero said loudly.

Jax entered the room first, with Chibs and Bobby close behind him, and looked around in confusion. Frankie ordered them to drop their weapons on the floor and demanded cash or he'd kill Lyla. Nero offered up cash he had in his safe.

Frankie looked at Shawn. "Go get it. You try anything and they're dead."

"Safe is in my closet," Nero told her. "10-19-03"

Shawn nodded and rushed into his room. Her hand was shaking so bad she wasn't sure she would be able to put in the combination, but felt relieved when it opened on her first try. She went back to the room they were all in and put what she had found in the safe on the table.