Chapter 74

After the party ended, Juice followed Shawn back to her place. All of his brothers had left, most with a girl or two, so he didn't even pretend like he was going somewhere else. They stumbled into the dark house and went straight upstairs without turning on any lights.

Juice was laying in bed the next morning, waiting for Shawn to wake up. The rest of the guys were going on a run that day, but Clay had given Juice things to do around the clubhouse. What Clay didn't know was that Juice busted his ass getting everything done before the wrap party the night before so he could have a day off to spend with Shawn. Juice thought about what they could do that day and had narrowed it down to two options as he heard Shawn begin to stir. He turned towards her and wrapped his arm around her waist to pull her close.

"Good morning," he said. Shawn groaned in response. "Have a little too much to drink last night?"

"No," Shawn told him. "Someone just keeps me up too late."

"Go back to sleep. I'll wait."

Shawn finally opened her eyes to look at him. "You don't have anywhere to be this morning?"

"Nope. Some of the other guys have a run so I have the whole day to myself."

"Wow, that never happens. I feel like we should do something."

"I'm glad you said that. I was thinking and you have two options for today."

"Okay," Shawn said with a light laugh.

"Option one is we stay in bed all day," Juice told her.

"Good choice," Shawn said and wrapped her arms around his neck. She began to kiss him, but Juice pulled away a little bit after a moment.

"You don't want to hear option two?"

"Is it a better choice than option one?"

"We could take a ride out to Yosemite," Juice offered. "Guys won't be back until tomorrow. We could even get a room out there if we wanted."

Shawn smiled broadly. "That is a better choice than option one."

After breakfast and a quick shower, Shawn packed a few of her things into Juice's black backpack as he used her computer to book a hotel room for the night. She went downstairs to see him sitting at the dining room table. He glanced up from the laptop's screen to look at her.

"Okay, we're all set," Juice told her and closed the laptop. Shawn set his backpack on the table. Juice glanced at it and saw it was filled very much. "That's all your bringing?"

"Yeah. I figured I can wear these jeans again tomorrow and it's not like I need to bring anything to sleep in," Shawn told him.

"You got that right," Juice laughed and gave her a quick kiss. They left the house and went out to Shawn's garage. Juice handed the backpack back to her. "You'll have to wear this."

"Okay," Shawn agreed and put it on as Juice got on his Dyna. Juice grinned at her. "What?"

"That Reaper looks good on you."

"Dork," Shawn said and rolled her eyes. She put on her helmet and they finally left.

Juice avoided the center of Charming by using the long way around town. He was really being overcautious, though. The guys would have already left the clubhouse by then and they were heading in the opposite direction as him and Shawn. They stopped at Juice's place briefly so he could change his own clothing and also put a few things in the backpack for the next day. Once Juice was ready, they left and headed for Yosemite.

* * *

Juice was laying on his back on the grass with Shawn using his stomach as a pillow. They had found a picnic area and decided to relax and enjoy the nice weather. He had his fingers interlaced with hers as they laid there talking when Shawn's phone began to ring. Juice groaned as she pulled it out of her pocket.

"I can ignore it," she offered. Juice's brow furrowed. He never ignored a phone call. "Going once... Going twice..."

"Answer the phone, babe."

Shawn snickered lightly before answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Shawn? Hey, it's Bobby," the voice told her through the phone. Shawn sat up as she heard the words. Bobby never called her and she knew there must be trouble. "Listen, we got into a little accident while out on the run. Tig's leg got pretty banged up so we took him to the hospital."

"Okay," Shawn answered him cautiously. She was waiting for him to drop the real reason he was calling on her.

"While we were there... some bounty hunters showed up and took him."

"Seriously? Bounty hunters?" Shawn asked. Juice now sat up and looked at her with a questioning look.

"We're going to get him back. I just thought you should know the situation. And I was sort of wondering if you knew where he might have a warrant for him? It would help if we knew where they were taking him."

"Shit, Bobby. I have no idea. I really prefer not knowing the shit he's into, you know what I mean? Saves me a lot of money on therapy."

Bobby barked a loud laugh and then cleared his throat to control himself. "I don't blame you there. I will make sure someone lets you know once we got him back, okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks for calling me, Bobby." They got off the phone and Shawn filled in Juice on what had happened. "What should we do?"

Juice wrapped his arm around her to comfort her. "All we can do it wait to hear back from them. We're too far away to be any help."

Shawn nodded sadly. Juice kissed her temple.

"Is it time to check in at the hotel, yet?" She asked him.

Juice reached for her phone in her hand to see what time it was. "Almost. Why don't we head there now? Maybe by the time we get there and get checked in, we'll hear something from the guys."

Shawn agreed and they went back to the bike. Juice wasn't too worried about Tig, he had faith in the rest of the club to get him back in one piece. Instead, Juice worried about Shawn. She looked stressed out, but was obviously trying to hide it. They reached the bike and Juice placed the helmet on Shawn's head.

"He's going to be fine. The guys will get him back and he'll come home and drive everyone so crazy over his hurt leg we'll probably wish they hadn't gotten him back."

Shawn finally smiled and rolled her eyes. "Ain't that the truth?"