Chapter 190

There was a knock on the door a couple of hours later. Juice opened it and let in Jax, Tig, Happy, and Chibs. They looked around the room at the amount of blood everywhere in stunned silence. Jax moved to step into the bathroom. Juice had moved the body into the tub to keep anymore blood from getting on the floor.

"Chinese?" Jax asked.

"Yeah," Juice told him.

"What'd he want?"

Juice shrugged.

"Said he wanted to know where he could find you," Shawn called from the bed where she was holding Ally on her lap.

Jax moved around the wall separating the bathroom and entry area so he could see Shawn. She had gotten dressed while they waited and put her hair up in a messy bun.

"What did he want with me?" Jax asked her.

Shawn scoffed and shook her head. "You tell me."

"How'd he know you were here?" Tig asked next.

"He found me hiding at Diosa the other night," Shawn answered after some hesitation. She still didn't want to talk about it, but now had no choice. "I was under a bed and he looked under it. I thought he was going to kill me, but he didn't."

"So, he followed you here?" Chibs said and Shawn nodded.

"Why would he follow us all this way for days?" Juice asked.

"He didn't know you'd leave town," Happy said. "Lynn probably knew we'd put everyone on lockdown. With the clubhouse gone, he didn't know where."

"Shit," Jax swore. "You're probably right."

"Guess it's a good thing we didn't go to the studio," Shawn said emotionlessly.

"But why do something now?" Juice asked.

"We got Lynn and his entire crew locked up yesterday," Jax answered.

"Not his entire crew," Shawn pointed out.

"Right," Jax nodded. "With all of them gone, he probably wanted to retaliate. What better way than killing me himself?"

"Or taking out an entire porn studio full of people," Shawn said.

The room was silent for a moment as they all thought about how much worse things could have been. Juice realized the body of an enemy in his hotel room bathtub wasn't that bad after all, but then wondered if Shawn felt that way, too.

"So, what do we do with him?" Chibs asked.

Tig nodded towards Happy. "We'll take care of him."

Chibs nodded. "Me and Juicy will clean the room."

"Actually," Juice said quietly to Jax, "I was thinking I should get her out of here for awhile."

Jax looked over to Shawn. She wasn't looking at them. Instead, she was bouncing Ally on her legs, trying to keep the baby happy, but she looked tired and sad. Jax nodded.

"Yeah, you should do that. It's better if you're not apart of this, anyways, since the hotel as your name."

"Okay," Juice agreed.

"How is she?" Tig asked Juice.

"I think she's in shock. It's all been too much for her."

Tig nodded and walked over to sit on the bed with Shawn. He rested his hand on her knee to try to comfort her. "Baby? You okay?"

"I'll be fine."

"I know you will be. You're tough, but that doesn't mean you can't talk about it if you need to."