Chapter 73

Juice and Chibs left not long after Bobby showed up. The rest of Shawn's work day consisted of covering for Luanne while she freaked out over Bobby doing the books and dealing with SAMCRO drama when Clay and Gemma got into a fight out in the parking lot. As much as she liked the new studio and Juice being able to hang around as much as he wanted without anyone thinking anything of it, Shawn almost wished Cara Cara and SAMCRO had never partnered up. Things were a lot less complicated back then.

On top of all that, Shawn was also finishing up the final details for the wrap party she was throwing that night. She had decided to go all out for it, hiring a DJ for the night and even a bar service. With it being the first movie done in the new studio with the Sons as partners, Shawn figured a big party was almost a necessity.

Everyone left the studio earlier than usual to get ready for the party, except Shawn, since not long after that the DJ arrived to set up as well as the bartender. When it was almost time for the party to start, the music was cranked up loud and Shawn went back into her office. She had brought another dress and shoes to change into for the party. Shawn had decided to wear the black dress and shoes she wore when her and Juice first met. It was one of her more revealing dresses so she didn't wear it often, but she knew it was Juice's favorite.

Once she was ready, Shawn left her office and walked down the hall. The studio had really filled up with people while she was changing. She walked across the studio over to where the makeshift bar had been set up. The bartender fixed the drink she asked for and she turned to walk away, but Juice was there behind her with an empty cup.

"Need a refill already?" Shawn asked.

"Hey, it's a party, right?" Juice answered her with a broad smile.

Shawn waited as he got a refill and they walked away from the bar together.

"You get a good look at the bartender?" Shawn asked Juice as she glanced at the man behind the bar.

Juice glanced at him, again. He also had a mohawk. "Mine's better."

"I don't know. His is spikey."

"So?" Juice asked as he narrowed his eyes. "If mine was spikey I couldn't wear a helmet when I ride."

"You wouldn't have it spikey regardless."

"Hell no. That guy looks like a douche," Juice said, making Shawn laugh. "You look nice."

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself."

Juice nodded to her dress. "Sometimes I think you were that dress on purpose."

"Sometimes I do."

Shawn felt someone touch her and turned to see Lyla.

"Can I borrow her?" Lyla asked.

"Yeah, of course," Juice told Lyla before looking back at Shawn. "Talk to you later?"

"Yeah," Shawn agreed and then let Lyla pull her into a crowd of people.

"I have a very serious question to ask you," Lyla said.

"What's that?"

"Who's the Son with the beard wearing the knit cap?"

"Sounds like Opie. Where?" Shawn said and Lyla pointed through the crowd to where Opie and Jax were sitting. "Yeah, that's Opie. Why?"

"He's...," Lyla started and then smiled, "kinda cute."

"Cute? Opie?" Lyla nodded. "Not the word I would ever use to describe him, but okay."

"Is he single?"

"Oh, um... He's the one whose wife was killed a couple of months ago."

"Oh, shit. I didn't know. So, he's probably not ready for that, yet."

"Well, I mean, you could just talk to him. If that goes well, give him your number. Let him decide if he's ready or not."

Lyla thought about what Shawn said. "Yeah, okay. Good advice. You willing to hear a little advice yourself?"

Shawn was confused. "Advice? About what?"

"More like who," Lyla said. "It's been, like, a year, darlin'. Don't you think it's about time you two come out of the secret couple closet?"

"It's passed time. It just seems like there's always a reason not to."

"Is there, though? Or do you just think there's reasons?"

"Things are really good between us. I just don't want to mess that up."

"Girl, you two have more chemistry than a science project. He adores you. I don't think it's even possible to ruin that. C'mon. Go over there and make out with your man."

Shawn smirked. "Right. Great way for dear old dad to find out."

Lyla turned to see Tig on a couch with one of the Cara Cara girls. "Pretty sure he's too busy to care."

Shawn followed Lyla's gaze and saw her father who was with one of the Cara Cara girls. Then she noticed behind him that Tara had just walked into the studio. Ima rose from her seat and confronted her.

"Son of a bitch," Shawn said to herself and handed Lyla her drink. She started walking over to where both women were in each other's faces, but didn't reach them until Tara walked away.

"You better run you little skank!" Ima called to Tara as Tara rushed down a near by hallway.

Ima hadn't heard Shawn approach and had no idea she was right behind her. Shawn crossed her arms in front of her chest and waited for her to turn around. When she finally did, Ima looked worried for a moment. Then replaced the expression on her face with one that was supposed to be intimidating, but Shawn wasn't fazed.

"What are you doing?" Shawn asked her.

"Just letting her know whose party this is," Ima said and started to walk away. Shawn put out a hand to stop her. Then she gave a pointed look at the other girls who had gathered around while Ima confronted Tara. They took the hint and began to walk away.

"And exactly whose party is it, Ima?"

"This was my movie. Luanne even said so. And you don't even like that girl so what's the big damn deal?"

"That's Jax's old lady. Either learn to respect that or find another job."

Shawn turned around and walked away from Ima. She got her drink off Lyla, but didn't stop to talk. Shawn continued down the hall until she reached her office. She finished off her drink and threw the cup in the trash. She leaned against the desk and took a deep breath.

"You're kind of a badass," a voice said from behind her.

Shawn smiled and turned to look at Juice. He was standing in the doorway. He walked the rest of the way into the room and shut the door before locking it.

"What? Did me almost losing my temper and decking someone turn you on?"

Juice shrugged. "Thought maybe we could finish what we started earlier?"

Shawn bit her lip as she thought about it. The studio was full of people, her father included, but Shawn thought about what Lyla said and decided she didn't care. She raised her hand and crooked her finger at him. He smiled and stepped forward. He lifted her onto the desk just like he had that morning. He wasted no time pulling her panties off and Shawn went for his belt buckle. Juice reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. He opened it and swore.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"I thought I had a condom in here."

Shawn leaned over and opened the top drawer of her desk. She grabbed a condom and handed it to him. "I work in a porn studio. Remember?"