Chapter 6

As soon as the porn stars began to arrived, the music was turned up and Jax left Shawn at the bar to go flirt. Shawn finished her beer and pushed the empty bottle away. Juice grabbed it and threw it in a trash can for her.

"You want another one?" Juice asked, already grabbing another bottle.

"Nah, I'm good. I'm probably going to take off anyways."

"Already?"

"Yea. Watching my dad hit on girls my age doesn't seem all that entertaining."

"You could stay. Keep my company," Juice suggested. It was a risky move. One of the other guys could hear and get the wrong idea. Shawn bit her lip and gave him an uneasy look. "I'm going to be stuck back here all night. No one ever hangs around to talk to the bartender."

"I guess I can have one more drink," Shawn said with a smile.

"Another beer?"

"You know how to make any mix drinks?"

"Sort of."

"Like what?"

"Rum and coke?"

"Real hard one there," Shawn laughed. "I thought you were going to say a Long Island. You know, since you're from New York and all. I figured they taught you that in home ec class."

"I must have missed that day of school," Juice joked. "You always live in Charming?"

"Pretty much. I was born in San Diego, but when my mom died Tig moved us here shortly after."

"Oh. Shit. Sorry. I didn't know."

"It's fine. I was really young. I'm over it. Tell me something about you."

"Well... my mom is still alive. Never met my dad, though."

"Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I'm over it, too."

Shawn drank her beer and then another as she and Juice talked. He occasionally was interupted and had to get someone a drink, but when he was done he always went right back to talking to Shawn. Juice suggested they do another shot and they clinked their glasses before they drank. She told him about what she did at Cara Cara and he explained some of his ideas for ways he could help the club. He asked about what it was like growing up with SAMCRO and Shawn told him a little bit about Jax and Opie as kids.

"The three of us were basically inseperable up until high school. Then Opie started dating Donna and Jax met Tara. We grew apart a little bit, but we've always stayed friends."

"Tara?"

"Jax's high school sweetheart. She left Charming after graduation."

"Good riddance, too," Gemma said as she took a seat next to Shawn. "You giving the prospect a history lesson?"

"Something like that," Shawn answered her. Shawn had been so involved in her conversation with Juice that she didn't know how long Gemma had been listening to them. She also didn't know why she felt so nervous now that Gemma was here. They weren't doing anything wrong, just talking. Shawn bit her lip before announcing, "I'm going to head out."

"Thanks for keeping me company," Juice told her.

"I'll walk you out," Gemma stood, not waiting for Shawn's reply.

Shawn led the way out the door and through the crowd that had formed outside the clubhouse. Once they reached the parking lot, Shawn turned to say bye to Gemma, but Gemma kept walking. Shawn sighed and followed her.

"Were those sparks I saw flying between you and that prospect?"

"No." Gemma gave her a skeptical look. "Seriously. I was just being nice."

"Don't let that change. If your dad finds out it will cause problems within the club. You wouldn't want to cost Juice getting patched in, would you?"

Shawn stopped next to her car and Gemma turned to her. "No, Gemma."

Gemma smiled and cupped Shawn's face with her hands. "Good night, sweetheart."

"Night." Gemma gave Shawn a hug and then began walking back to the clubhouse. "Hey, Gem? You talk to Jax at all tonight?"

Gemma stopped walking and turned back to Shawn. A big smile spread across her face. "Sure did."

"Well then. Congrats... Grandma."

"Shut up, asshole," Gemma joked. Shawn laughed and got in her car and Gemma went back inside.