Chapter 32

Shawn woke up slowly the next morning. She turned over and felt Juice next to her. Sliding her hand across his chest, she moved to place her lips against his. Juice woke up and smiled against her mouth.

"Good morning," Shawn greeted him between kisses.

"Yea, it is. Damn, if I knew this is what waking up to you was like I would have stayed over sooner." Juice pulled on her so she was staddling him. He ran his fingers through her hair as they kissed passionately, but Juice pulled away when he heard Shawn's stomach growl.

"Sorry, I haven't eaten since breakfast yesterday."

"What?"

"It was a stressful day. I forgot."

"Shawn-,"

"I know it's bad. C'mon. Kiss me and then we'll eat."

"How about we eat then I kiss you?"

Her stomach growled, again. "Ok. Deal. I'm starving."

Juice patted her hip as she climbed off him. They stood from the bed and Juice scooped up his shirt from the floor as they went downstairs.

"Do you just want some cerial? It's faster," Shawn asked him as they reached the kitchen.

"Hell no. You haven't eaten in a day. You're getting the works. Sit. I'll do it."

"You're going to make me breakfast in my own house?"

Juice opened her fridge and looked around. He took out a carton of eggs. "Yup."

"There's bacon in the drawer in there, too."

"Perfect," Juice said and took that out, too.

Shawn sat on a stool at her kitchen island and watched as he cooked for her. "I sit around and watch you work an awful lot."

"Maybe one day I'll get to sit around and watch you work."

"If you'd sit, you could right now."

"I'm almost done."

A couple minutes later, Juice set a plate in front of her.

"Let's go in the dining room. The chair are more comfortable than in here," Shawn said and he followed her into the next room.

"So, you spent yesterday with Gemma, right?" Juice asked after they started eating.

"Yea, why?"

"She say anything else about the other morning?"

Shawn smiled. "Yea, actually. She said as long as she doesn't see it, again, she won't say anything."

"Why are you smiling about that?" Juice asked.

"She doesn't care that we're doing this. She just wants us to hide it better."

"What about easing them into it?" Juice asked and Shawn shrugged. "Let's just tell them. What's the worst that can happen?"

"Last time I brought that up, you said no," Shawn pointed out.

"So? I changed my mind."

Shawn thought for a moment, but then shook her head. "We can't. Gemma's right. It'll cause too much trouble with the club. And Abel was just born. I don't want to take Jax's focus off his son."

"How about this? Once Abel is better, we tell them. That way, if there's trouble, we're not pulling focus from something else."

Shawn bit her lip, but nodded. "Yea, okay."

Juice smiled broadly and leaned across the table to kiss her.

"You done?" Juice said when he pulled away and looked down at her plate.

"Yup, all done."

"Clean up first?"

Shawn shook her head. "Let's go upstairs."

Juice rounded the table and lifted her onto it by her hips. "I can't make it that far."